1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2017 Prius Two Speaker Replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Kim Elmore, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Kim Elmore

Kim Elmore New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I recently replace dthe OEM speakers in my 2017 Prius Two. I was dismayed at how dull the OEM speakers sounded and how they lacked any highs. I listen to mainly clasicla music, so I don;t need the kind of bass that lossens the license tag bolts. I had no interest in replacing the head unit as I figure it has pleanty of power for my purposes (I'm guessing maybe 20W per channel?).

I replaced the front dash coerner (A-pillar) speakers with JBL Club 322F two-way 3 1/2" speakers and both sets of door speakers wuith Kenwood KFC-1696PS 6 1/2" speakers. It's like night and day: all of a sudden I hear scintillating highs, tight midrange and tight bass response. This is well worth the $250 or so all of these cost. It then cost me about $200 to havethem installed. I've never had a good time working with car doors and I didn't want to break something made of unobtainium due to my lack of experience. All well worth the $.

ShuttlePod and krmcg like this.
  2. Skavis

Skavis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Thanks for this. Exactly what I was wondering

3. Smoot307

Smoot307 New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just bought a 2017 Prius two, and it had a subwoofer in the back. I told the dealer that I didn't want the sub, but when he removed the sub her also removed the amp (which was powering all of my speakers). Now I only have sound in the front dash tweeters. I have the amp but need to connect everything back together. Power, ground, and remote are easy. I have a bundle of 8 speaker wires, and I am trying to figure out which slot on the amp I need to put them into. Also, there are 4 RCA inputs, and I need to know the configuration. I guess I will just have to try one by one, or is there an easier way?

4. thomassster

thomassster Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I recommend you start a new thread. You can also DM me and I can help. The dash and front speakers should have been wired in parallel so something got rewired. unless you have a JBL configuration.