1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2017 Prius V 2 Entune?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by kmw100, Nov 24, 2020.

1. kmw100

kmw100 New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Hi! I just bought my first Prius on Saturday and my head is totally spinning after having driven an 08 Yaris that doesn’t even have so much as power windows for the last 10 years. I have lots to read in these forums...
    I really have no idea how to correctly operate this spaceship.

So the dealer, probably incorrectly, told me I could get GPS map to come up on the screen when I install Entune... Well, I looked at my Entune guide, downloaded the app, scanned the VIN... no dice. Seems the car doesn’t have Entune. But how can it not? Why would the car have come with the guide if it doesn’t have it? It seems standard. So do you think this is an issue with the app or doesn the car not have it? Is there a way I can get the GPS to show on screen? Thank you in advance and apologies for this perhaps naive question!

Shelby profita likes this.
  2. Shelby profita

Shelby profita Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I wish I knew, as I have seen this forum doesn't have the activity it once did about 4 years ago. So I am sorry for passing on irrelevant information. I am just now picking up a gen 2 this week and hoping the forum was active to get questions answered, as well.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The V two is the base trim and the owners manual includes everything available on all 4 trim levels, two, three, four and five.
    So it's possible your trim doesn't have the necessary hardware installed for the map feature

Maybe this will get some of your spaceship features nailed down a bit.
    What are the differences between the 2017 Toyota Prius V trim levels?

It's not really funny, but I said the same thing about my car the first time I drove it. And I had the previous model and only 3 years difference.

4. kmw100

kmw100 New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks, you are right. The trim levels make sense. I wish I had know about the map. I bought at a Honda dealership and the salesguy thought I just need to download the app but clearly he had no clue.