1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2017 Prius V Speedometer from Miles to Km

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Bluebird3661, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Bluebird3661

Bluebird3661 New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    I moved to Portugal a few weeks ago and brought my 2017 Prius V. Thought I had done the necessary research by visiting a Toyota dealer here a year earlier and asking about service and availability of parts on my US made car. I was told there would be no problem. I am now taking care of the necessary adjustments to make it EU compliant and was told by the dealer that they don’t handle changing the speedometer from Miles to Km. Though it would be simple programing. I went to my manual and discovered that the miles/km button left of the hazard light does not exist on my car. There are directions in the manual for using the settings in the informational display. Car is at the dealer and they are closed for the weekend. Seeing olds posts relating to this on line. People complaining that manual has instructions but feature not available in the car. Does anyone know about this situation. Is there a work around.

2. Rafe

Rafe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you ever figure it out? We just acquired a 2017v and we're trying to figure out how to easily switch between mph and km since we drive between Canada and the USA a lot

3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Use the Setup button on the radio/mfd

IMG_3360.jpeg

#3 rjparker, Oct 31, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
  4. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Unfortunately, your findings are correct. On the 2017 v, there was an oversight.

You can, however, get a plug in GPS that displays KPH.

ikasus Car Hud GPS Speedometer Digital Speed Meter with KM/H Speed,USB Plug and Play, Head Up Display,Driving Direction, OverSpeed Warning for Cars Trucks

#4 Georgina Rudkus, Oct 31, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
    Jan Rozema likes this.