1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2017 Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by thmmrn, Aug 17, 2017.

1. thmmrn

thmmrn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hello all! I had a 2010 Prius. My wife totalled that car about 3 years ago. . I ended up getting a 2013 Hyundai sonata hybrid as a replacement. Needless to say it has been a reliable car. Very few issues except the mpg isn't quite what I had in my Prius. I found a 2017 Prius 4 with around 200 miles for lower than msrp than a brand new Prius 2. The dealer however is a Subaru dealership(car nearly immediately traded in). My main question is will the factory warranty carry over?

Pixel XL ?

2. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    According to this website, the warranty & ToyotaCare service would likely transfer. Getting the VIN you could verify.

Is ToyotaCare transferable to subsequent owners?

I would be concerned about the vehicle history and why it was traded with so few miles. Was it involved in a wreck?

EDIT: Depending where you are in the US, it could vary, See
    Is the Toyota Warranty Transferable? | It Still Runs | Your Ultimate Older Auto Resource

RCO likes this.
  3. thmmrn

thmmrn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    No, the Subaru dealership said the gentleman wanted to go eco friendly and quickly changed his mind. He ate the loss. This could be untrue of course however the Carfax is clean and the dealership has alot of good reviews. The previous owner had it for less than a month. Im going to make the 6 hour drive to pick it up tomorrow.

Pixel XL ?

RCO and bisco like this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sounds like a good deal. yes the factory warranties all follow the owners, but if it goes from a carb state to non carb, non carb time/miles will be applied. all the best!(y)

5. thmmrn

thmmrn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yes it is a good deal. I talked them down to 23,5 We're asking 24,9. One of the few reasons im jumping on the deal.

Pixel XL ?

RCO and Prodigyplace like this.