1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2017 Rear Toe Adjustment?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by M@rkJ, Aug 15, 2021.

1. M@rkJ

M@rkJ New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hello all,

i've attempted to search the forums but i don't see any direct answers to the rear toe question on the newer cars.

I need to adjust the right rear toe on my 2017 Prius, but there is no adjustment point. The shims available from toyota don't fit my car.

will something like the attached picture work?
    Screenshot (8).png

If this won't, is there a known way to get the toe back into specification?

Thank you,

Mark

2. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What happened - is something bent?

3. M@rkJ

M@rkJ New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Unknown, there is nothing visually bent that I can see. It was like this when I bought it. I noticed the tire wear first and had it aligned.

They said it's non adjustable, but there has to be a way, even if I use the circular shims..

4. Mambo Dave

Mambo Dave Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    L Eco
    One time we had a front wheel drive Buick come into the garage, after hours, where the one rear wheel was angled inward at the top. The two older women in the car must have hit something, or been hit?

They asked me to fix it good enough to get them back home (this was a college town that family would visit). I was the only garage open at these times, evenings and Saturdays after noon, so I'd get all kinds of crazy things to fix for folks to get back home. They'd later see their dealerships or trusted mechanics.

I didn't know it could be done, but called my boss - the owner - about it. He said to loosen up the rear strut platform's mounting bolts (may have been the axle to the strut equipment), try to move it, and re-tighten it. I did that, and was surprised that I was able to re-tighten the two long bolts with the wheel in a better position.

Not sure if you can do that. But, by all means, if you got the car this way, have someone look for a bent part under there.

5. zeng

zeng Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    a Gen 4 supposedly comes with a double wishbone Rear suspension system.
    I would be rather surprise if there isn't any rear tie-rod kind of things for toe adjustment?

Cheers.