1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2017 vs 2018 car bra

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Justin2018, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Justin2018

Justin2018 New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have been searching for awhile (months) and I have found a car bra I like but it say it is for the 2016/2017 Prius with Parking sensors. I have a 2018 with parking sensors but as far as I can tell aside from some software (mainly in the prime) there were zero changes from the 2017 Prius 4 to to 2018 Prius 4.
    Can anyone please confirm?

Also I do have advanced Toyota sense if this is a possible factor.

(I already have light damage and do not want the clear bra at this point, next new car however I will have it done the day I buy the car.)

#1 Justin2018, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  2. ice9

ice9 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You are probably well advised to be cautious about sensor compatibility. Though, I don't have the answer to your question, I am currently investigating a source that advertises for sensor compatible LeBra covers for both the 2017 and 2018 Prius Four models. However an alternate source vendor representative told me that the LeBra "all weather" covers are not sensor compatible. Technically, RF sensor compatibility would depend on material dielectric properties. I do not believe that a simple vinyl cover would significantly degrade so long as they do not use any RF attenuating, or conductive, lining material. In any case, I have emailed my first source on this matter to confirm whether or not his cover is compatible as advertised. If confirmed, I intend to purchase and try it out. I will let you know how it turns out - probably sometime nxt month.

#2 ice9, Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    krmcg likes this.
  3. ice9

ice9 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Update: My first source responded via ebay message (see attached screenshot).

Apparently, the seller custom alters LeBra covers to fit specific model vehicles per order. However, additional customizing may be required to incorporate cut-outs for the various sensors used by the 2018 Prius 4. The seller stated that instructions for this are provided with the item. Cut-outs will likely be required for the parking assist sonar sensors, and perhaps for the front radar sensor.

I went ahead and ordered the item (see link to ebay listing, below) with an estimated July-August delivery date. A bit pricey @ $91.76 ($76.88 + shipping). I will provide more info once I receive the cover and check it out.

Lebra Front End Mask Cover Bra Fits 2016-2018 Toyota Prius with or W/O Sensors | eBay

ebaymail28jun19.jpg