1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2018 Interior

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Miss my 2010 Prius, Jul 30, 2018.

1. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Done the LPs and Cassettes to MP3 (or WAV for ones I want good quality).

How do you do VHS to MP4 or WMV?

I've done a conversion from VHS to HDD recorder - but can't get it from there to MP4 or WMV.

2. Smaug1

Smaug1 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    "Familiarity breeds contentment."

I'm on Day 2 of 2018 Prius ownership and there are a few things I miss from the Accord:

• Engine power at highway speeds
    • Beautiful engine sounds, not just drones or silence
    • Slide-out sun visors
    • Higher quality padding in armrests, and trimmed with leather for longevity (rest of the car was cloth)
    • Lumbar support in the seat
    Give it some time. I think you'll find that you're compensated for the nitpicks with other things, for example, higher fuel economy.

My 2012 Accord had a 6 disc in-dash changer. I don't think I will miss it. Ripping CDs to MP3s not only takes time, (I've got hundreds of them) but it also sacrifices quality. The Prius' cabin quiet enough that it might even be noticed from the road. I think the compromise they struck was a good one. CD player that also plays MP3 CDs for us old folks and Bluetooth or MP3 capability for those of us who can't notice or don't care.

If I leave my phone's Bluetooth on and Amazon Music running in the background, it automatically starts playing when I turn the car on. It's very convenient, even if it took two quality hits. (CD --> MP3 and direct-connected --> Bluetooth)

The dealer will have a hard time not laughing when you ask them to reupholster your new car. You'll have to get that done in the aftermarket, and be ready to pay big bucks for it, too!

I settled for dark gray color. No blues or reds were available in my area, and if they were, they'd come with a $395 fee. I haven't had a car with a REAL paint color since 1998, when I traded my red '85 CRX for a silver '98 Civic. They're content to make inoffensive shades of gray and silver, instead of risking making some that are polarizing to potential customers.

RCO likes this.
  3. alanclarkeau

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I tried playing from my phone via Bluetooth - it worked one day, then not the next, even though it was paired properly. Then worked a week later. I suspect it might be my phone which is almost as old as me - well, I exaggerate - but it's a vintage S2 Samsung. Or I've stored my music/Podcasts in the wrong place on the phone.

Yes, MP3 quality is down on LP/MP3/Cassette. I can notice it with my MP3 player when I'm out walking the dog - but once Samantha gets moving, I can't pick the difference - my 65yo ears can't anyway.

4. Miss my 2010 Prius

Miss my 2010 Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I did find zippers in the cloth on both sides of the front seats (4 total). Is this normal or does it mean it was reupholstered by the dealership post production? I can’t find anything about the 2018 prius 2 having zippers and could only find threads in it meaning it was reupholstered. I emailed the dealership to find out but was never told anything. Thank you for your help!

5. alanclarkeau

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm sure that mine have zippers either side of the back - but I've got sheepskin covers on so can't see. They're used in the manufacturing process - I've seen them on other new cars too.

6. Miss my 2010 Prius

Miss my 2010 Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you

7. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'm just looking to recycle the tapes; have CD and record equivalents. The plastic cases you'd think would be recylable, but there's not triangle symbol, so not sure. And the magnetic tape itself: who knows.

8. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My 2017 has a USB port for a stick on the console, in front of the armrest. There is an analog input port there too.

9. The Professor

The Professor Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    You can also get low profile ones that only stick out a a tiny amount... Prevents knocking/damaging them.

kithmo likes this.
  10. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Makes them less visible as well (y)

alanclarkeau and Prodigyplace like this.