1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2018 Nav upgrade set up

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Lynnwoody, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Lynnwoody

Lynnwoody Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Just got the new (last?) 2018 Navigation upgrade dvd and installed it in my 2010 Toyota Prius. For some reason it keeps popping up restaurant and points of interest suggestions as I'm driving along. Can anyone tell me exactly how to turn those off those suggestions? The disc didn't come with any instructions, just the disc in a jewel case. Haven't found any other references to this problem on-line. Any guidance is appreciated.

ps - In general I hate the nav, its way too difficult to use, not intuitive and the buttons are hard to push.

Woody

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Click on Options on the nav screen. Press "Show POI Icons" to turn off (there's a small green "light" on the soft on-screen button to indicate whether it's enabled or disabled)

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Depending a Toyota for functional map software is like depending on a politician to not ask you to donate to their re-election.

Use your that updates in real time so you can re-route around traffic!