1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2018 PP Advanced - 11" screen in endless reboot loop

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by ziggy29, Oct 15, 2021.

1. ziggy29

ziggy29 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I know we've had a lot of spontaneous reboot issues here, and it has happened to me a couple times, However this morning, my system started working fine and later on when I went to restart it to return home, it quit. The backup camera works. But the rest of the unit seems to be in an endless reboot loop where you can see the backlighting kick in and try to turn on, then resets and goes dark -- ad infinitum.

I wonder if anyone else has seen this and if there's anything I might check to resolve it. First service appointment I could get is three weeks from today.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    try pulling the fuse, or disconnect the 12v negative

3. ziggy29

ziggy29 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Update -- finally was able to get it in to the dealer -- and it started working halfway there (first time in three weeks)! Anyway, they looked at it and said there was a radio software update for it, including a known (but they say rare) issue of endless reboot loops which could happen when using Bluetooth with an iPhone. (shrug) I don't know, that's what they said. Anyway, it's working again, at least for now.

bisco likes this.