1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2018 PP+ iPhone interface vs iPod interface

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by pbasch, May 22, 2023.

1. pbasch

pbasch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I have depended on iPods for years, and the interface in my 2018 PP+ via Entune was just fine. It showed podcasts, you touch the name of the show and see all the individual podcasts; just like you'd expect. I just got my first iPhone (used to use Android) and tried connecting it both with Bluetooth and with USB. I had loaded it up with all my usual podcasts and music with iTunes, just as I did my old iPod.

First, weirdly (to me) they showed the content quite differently. And neither was as tidy as the iPod interface.

When connected via USB, if (for example) Podcast X has nine downloads, the interface on the Toyota screen shows "Podcast X" multiple times, each entry having different shows! Very strange. I can only imagine it's some metadata issue.

When connected via Bluetooth, the interface was so disorganized I disconnected it immediately. I can't even describe it.