1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2018 Prime Advanced Complaints

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by coach81, Oct 2, 2018.

1. PushingSquares

PushingSquares Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Chiming in on my list of complaints in rough order of annoyance:

- The nav system is virtually useless - it comes up with some very creative routes that I wouldn't wish on anyone. Lack of comprehensive real-time traffic info - it appears that the radio feed only gives data on main roads - also means that there's no way to predict arrival times. Carplay is sorely missed. It's a shame, because I really do like seeing turn prompts on the HUD.

- I've noticed that it's nearly impossible to avoid streaking when cleaning the windows; the streaks will then fog up, which forces me to turn on the front defogger...which in turn kicks me out of EV mode. Anyone have solutions for this?

- There's a clear difference in the acceleration profile between EV mode and Hybrid mode - the car definitely feels more sluggish in the latter, which, if there should be a difference, I'd expect to be in the opposite given the additional torque the ICE provides.

- No rear wiper due to the hatch window shape, which also is too shallow for rain drops to roll off easily. I usually have to turn on the rear defrost to dry it off.

- When using map applications on my phone (due to the useless nav system) and setting the car's sound source to the phone via Bluetooth, it's hard to *not* play music - even if I hit pause, music starts up again if I adjust the volume. Seriously annoying.

- Level 2 charging only runs at 16A, where most L2 charging stations can deliver 32A. Despite the slower charging, most Chargepoint installations in my area bill on time, not kWh, and set the hourly price assuming you're pulling 32A. So it effectively costs me 2x to use these stations vs what other EV owners would pay per kWh.

2. Curlyone

Curlyone Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    White distilled vinegar.
    Best thing I've found for cleaning windows. I use a solution of 50/50 vinegar and water, 2 microfiber cloths. Use one cloth to clean a section, one cloth to dry. Keep using the dry cloth until clear (takes some work). This does take more elbow grease than store bought solution but cleans so much better.