1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2018 Prius C Roof Rack

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by TWS808, Feb 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. TWS808

TWS808 New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    The 2018 Prius C has wide plastic roof rail accents which prevent the usual (Thule, Yakima, Rhino) after-market roof racks from being installed -- as far as I have found.
    Has anyone here found a good work-around product for 2018 Prius C roof racks yet? I'm using soft racks right now to transport my Stand Up Paddle surfboard, but would prefer permanently-affixed cross bar type.

2. bdooleydooley

bdooleydooley New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I've just started my search for racks that will work and haven't found anything that addresses the roof rails. Was thinking of removing them? For you the soft racks are working? Does your roof dent with the weight of the board? I need to be able to carry one or two surfboards from time to time.

3. bdooleydooley

bdooleydooley New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    how does the soft rack look? Any photos or brand recommendation?

4. TWS808

TWS808 New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    We bought those square foam blocks and use pinch-cinch flat straps in through doors, through the interior of car. Not as convenient as permanent racks, plus there's a hum at 40+ mph unless you get the straps exactly right. :-( We transported three SUPs up there last weekend; no ill effects to roof.

The 2018 Prius C is pretty tiny, and that's one reason I love it-- but it would be completely PERFECT for us if we could install hard racks and be able to carry boards easily, plus the occasional other large thing, up top.

We got in touch with Rhino Rack and Yakima reps and they acknowledge they don't have anything yet for 2018 Prius C, but said they will probably be looking at that soon. I'd guess that the more people who contact them about it, the sooner they'll start to believe there's a potential market to justify tooling the fabrication.

bdooleydooley likes this.