1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2018 Prius Prime No Longer Reading Texts Out Loud

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by Silent_Typewriter, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Silent_Typewriter

Silent_Typewriter New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Premium
    Hi there!
    So when I first got my 2018 Prius Prime, it was great. Whenever I got texts on my iPhone, I would get a notification and I could get it to be read out loud to me. However, after my service in 2020, I noticed that I stopped getting notifications and I definitely couldn't get it to read my texts out loud any more. Anyone had the same issue and was able to resolve it? I've doubled check to make sure the "Do Not Disturb While Driving" function was set to manual and I've tried deleting my phone from the system and paired it again. It doesn't seem like it's how my phone is set up as I'm able to get text notifications and have them read out loud when I drive my husband's Subaru. Any suggestions?

2. David Gabel

David Gabel New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have the same problem, it started after updating the infotainment system

3. David Gabel

David Gabel New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I was able to solve, there is a setting in the car under messaging, message pop-up I set it to on, and the problem was solved