1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2018 Prius Prime Shop Service Manual and Error Code Scanner

Discussion in 'Prime Technical Discussion' started by BriDiyGuy, Mar 25, 2023.

1. BriDiyGuy

BriDiyGuy New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hello,

As a newbee to this site, I apologize if this is a duplicate of posts already here (my search to find was unsuccessful).

Does anyone know where I can find a decent shop manual for my 2018 Toyota Prius Prime? I'm use to using something like a Haynes manual in the past on all my cars. The most recent one I can find from Haynes is a 2012 Prius. The issues I'm having on my 2018 Prius Prime are with the AC and looks like I will need to take the dash apart to address error codes the dealer found: B1441 - Airmax Damper Control and B1448 Face Servo Motor Passenger Side.

In terms of error codes, is there a recommended scanner to use? I am using the Zurich ZR13 (updated latest firmware) but am not able to get any of the codes the dealer found. I prefer a scanner that also provides repair information/details.

Thanks for any and all help with this!

BriDiyGuy

2. road2cycle

road2cycle Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    For the shop manual you won’t find the print version of the factory service manual since Toyota shifted over to an online pay by usage subscription service called TIS.

For the scan tool I’m eventually going to give one of the OBD Link tools a try since my older Foxwell doesn’t support the Prime.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    techinfo.toyota.com

mini vci

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    techinfo.toyota.com used to be a good answer to the shop manual question, but we have a better one now:

Toyota Service Information and Where To Find It | PriusChat

It gives the techinfo URL, of course, but it also describes other options, compares costs, and gives an introduction to what you find in the different volumes and when you might want which one.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    thanks, i keep forgetting that