1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2019 Gen III Honda Insight test mule spotted in the Euro zone

Discussion in 'Honda/Acura Hybrids and EVs' started by Rmay635703, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Rmay635703

Rmay635703 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Spyshots: Is This the 2019 Honda Insight Hybrid? - autoevolution

Standalone Honda Hybrid Due Next Year, Long-Range EV Later | News | Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

2018 Honda Insight Hybrid price specs release date | carwow

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://www.drive.ru/spy/honda/59808c0bec05c4600a000011.html&usg=ALkJrhhusI5dYhlOc0sH5RbeVZhpZ9F4EQ

Honda Insight 3rd gen. 2019. - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Not much but idle speculation, hope the insight is a Prius and Ioniq killer, lighter and more efficient , I love seeing a real competitor

An insight needs skirts, G1 was ideal for me, MT xmsn and all, wish they would offer a more efficient Gen I inspired 2 door Insight alongside the 4 door in the next gen.

ah well
    Beggars can't be choosers

telmo744 and Mendel Leisk like this.
  2. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I would just be happy with them putting more effort into it than they did the Insight2. Otherwise, just give us the hybrid Fit.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    +1

Minus 1 ;)
    The G1 Insight was (and is) a hypermiler's dream car......BUT......speaking just for me personally gas will just never be expensive enough to justify that blend of styling and performance.

I'm old enough now that I just don't really care much about automotive styling.
    It's one of the many benefits of being old enough to qualify for AARP.
    However (comma!!!!) there are still cars out there that I am willing to sacrifice a little money and fuel NOT to drive.
    Not mentioning any cars in particular, of course.......:D (Prius G4/Prime, Insight 1....)

I actually came pretty close to BUYING a G2 Insight specifically because it did NOT look like the G1 Insight.....but.......being a Honda I was demurred by their sales representatives and Honda's over inflated opinion of their cars. (see also: Toyota)

I respect the G1 Insight immensely......and it's ALMOST ugly enough to be worth driving just because it's so visually distinctive.......but!!!......you also have to contend with acceleration and cornering characteristics normally found in an over-loaded 1959 Chevy Nomad station wagon with worn tires.
    Speaking just for me the G3's performance and "close enough" efficiency are about as close as I want to get to the edge of the automotive styling cliff.

As always......
    YMMV.

4. Rmay635703

Rmay635703 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    I drive my 2001 quite aggressively full assist to redline in both gears, I take 90 corners at 35mph and it was fun even if it had the performance of a typical 80's car, no real complaints on handling especially after putting on the rear "Scott's springs" upgrade.

Also many old expensive cars have fender skirts, I like them personally and have always liked the looks of the original Insight.

If Honda would pull a GM and have a Cavalier/Cobalt mindset of the same platform having both 2 and 4 door cars I would be satisfied.

Ah well