1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2019 Prius L Eco lack of navigation

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Speakeasys, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Speakeasys

Speakeasys New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    I recently purchased a 2019 Toyota Prius L Eco and have now found out via service that my model most likely doesn’t support the Entune or Toyota GPS mobile applications.

When I purchased the car the sales guy told me I only needed to download the applications. However they don’t work because they’re supposedly not supported.

I’m guessing my only option is the replace the stock stereo if I want navigation or CarPlay.

Do I have any other options? How should I go about handling this?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    really? no nav? sounds like the salesperson lied, were their lips moving?

Diemaster and Speakeasys like this.
  3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah it’s weird. It’s the only one that doesn’t have nav. In Canada, it has ScoutGPS. No idea why the jumbo and mishmash of equipment

Speakeasys likes this.
  4. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    You should have an aftermarket stereo head unit installed and move on with your life, knowing that you’ve got something 100x better than any Toyota-native system.

Worked for me.

Mambo Dave, Speakeasys and krmcg like this.
  5. Speakeasys

Speakeasys New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius

Is there a way to know which aftermarket stereos are the best supported in my year and model of Prius? Maybe a specific brand or model that works best? Also, any suggestions of reputable installers?

6. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    They design these stereos to work equally well no matter what they are installed in, but there are always some tiny details that can’t be accounted for in the marketing materials- the angle the unit sits at in that one car might not be optimal for a unit with the new style floating panel LCDs, for example. Returns and exchanges happen. Fortunately that’s rare but that’s how the aftermarket autosound industry handles it.

Best to talk to somebody who sells a lot of them and keeps notes. This is part of why i bought mine from Crutchfield. You may be overthinking it- if you are working with one of the standardized sizes, nearly anything fits any car, and the 2 most common sizes fit every Toyota.

Steering wheel controls used to be a problem, but it’s long since solved. Toyotas speak Toyota, Fords speak Ford, Sony speaks Sony, Kenwood speaks Kenwood and so on. You are going to have to buy a little adapter box that translates from (car) to (stereo). These are old hat at this point; they just work. It gets installed invisibly in there somewhere and you never think about it again.

In L.A. you are going to be spoiled for choice for autosound/security installers. When I lived there (late 90s) I went to a local chain, Al & Ed’s. They put a Blaupunkt in my Ford for little money & little hassle. I always hear the horror stories about Best Buy, so maybe scratch them off. As always, a local “friends & family” recommendation is better than anything you read on the Internet.

Mambo Dave and krmcg like this.
  7. USPS

USPS New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hey bro,that sucks! I bought a 2022 L Eco and no one can hear my voice when I try to make or receive calls when using my car. The Toyota dealership evaluated the problem only to conclude that the car is fine but my phone,a Note 9, is too old and is the reason for the problem .

#7 USPS, Jul 26, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2023