1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured 2019 Prius restyling

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by pilotgrrl, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Mr_mpg

Mr_mpg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyota badly needs Android Auto and this could be introduced with Carplay.

2. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    If think Toyota might have changed their minds on Android Auto, but I doubt in time for the 2019 models.

3. CoolPrius

CoolPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Does anyone see changes to the sides? Fenders look the same. Could just be an older stock photo being used with snow over the areas that will get revisions.

Attached Files:

4. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thats what i was thinking... The other dude up here found the pre face lift taillights behind the snow... Which means it is just a pic of the current prius with snow photshopped over the tailights and rear bumper. There is no changes to sides at all.

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The changes are going to be really minor I think, and the hopelessly wacky interior will stay more-or-less as-is. I'm really underwhelmed by Toyota's mindset on this car; they've turned it into a shallow/gaudy toy. There's some excellent engineering under the hood too, more the shame.

I don't even like my 2010's dash; the Heating/Ventilating controls for example, remind me of this:

upload_2018-11-11_7-35-24.png

6. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yea... It does seem like theyre just waiting for the corolla to take over the prius or something... Auris/corolla have already taken over the prius here, took over the sales in like 2013 when the auris launched. And now the Auris even has more equipment then the prius, the prius was supposed to be the top of the line, but now its number 2 behind auris/corolla. They couldve done so much cool with it to make it attract more people, actually listen to car reviewers and such, but theyre just not. All it really needs is a new front bumper thats not so boring, without the "prius grill mustache" or make the grill bigger and more apealing, prime headlights and CHR tailights, then make the interior feel more premium. I like how the prius has a "one of a kind" interior, but colors in the interiors is not something toyota is good at... Its either black or white, nothing more. Imagine some fine wood trims instead of piano black and white. And imagine the 2L 180hp in it... Would really change the "slow car" rumor it has now.

I know the prius is only supposed to be a "cheap to run city car", but we r moving into an era where 180hp is the norm, its just not powerfull enough.

7. Lee Jay

Lee Jay Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    And yet, I'm virtually never at 100% throttle in Ev mode on my Prime. And I've driven it in Hv mode over the steepest hills in the Rocky Mountains without dropping below the set point on the cruise - with a completely full car.

bwilson4web likes this.
  8. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well of course its capable of being a normal car, but would still be nice with a 2L option for the ones that wants a bit more power. 60hp would really make a difference.

9. Lee Jay

Lee Jay Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    After having fast cars from 1986 through 2004, I guess I've outgrown the need. I wouldn't give up 1 MPG for 60HP - or 160HP.

Sarge likes this.
  10. John Kuhn

John Kuhn Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I agree, on my 2017 I wouldn't give up any mpg for more power. If anything were to change, I'd like to see more torque so the engine wouldn't rev as much, but wouldn't want to give up mpg for that either.

CoolPrius and Mendel Leisk like this.