1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2019 Prius Wish List

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by TexAmi, Aug 2, 2018.

1. padroo

padroo Senior Member

Chesterton, Indiana Another third world country.
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    More cup holders.:)

Just kidding, I would like to see someone add a plugin up near the mirror for things like dash cams, radar detectors or GPS.

Smaug1 likes this.
  2. JosephG

JosephG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I wish I could edit my old post instead of posting again :oops:

Another feature that would be very nice is if drive mode changed how the system managed the battery charge. Right now the system tries to keep you between 2-8 bars to avoid damage, but it would be a useful feature if in Power Mode it tried to retain a little more than minimum charge so you always have enough power to assist the engine when you floor it. This is a feature that is in many performance cars, but actually it would make a much bigger difference in the Prius than in any of those and I imagine it would be simple to implement.

3. Michael Shafer

Michael Shafer New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This is an interesting thread. Having purchased new, now, 7 Prius', and 1 hybrid Highlander, I'd first say, if the price of the level II Prius changes more than a few hundred dollars for any of my suggestions, I'd not be interested, as that trim level has a superb ROI.

• Please keep the fabric black or dark grey seats - I'm not much for the fake leather stuff nor the moonstone
    • I'd love all the safety tech on my 2018 Highlander Hybrid Limited Platinum on my Prius
    • Remote start from my smart phone would be cool, but not if it costs alot more
    • The all LED headlights on my daughter's 2017 and wife's former 2017, are wonderful - would love those on my 2013.
    • More sound insulation is always wonderful to have if it doesn't impact mpg
    • Replacing spark plugs is a bit of a pain, not worth changing the design if it impacts reliability or MPG however
    • Never get rid of the hatchback and fold down seats - its like having a mini mini van
    • As long as the batteries last 200k miles +, don't care if they are NiMH or LiON
    • Could they do double pane laminated glass, sides and front, to cut down on noise without a noticeable MPG hit?
    • I've already done it to my 2013, but I'd much prefer OEM LED bulbs on all illumination, interior and exterior, 5,500 K color - the ones on Amazon I ordered flicker every now and then and it bugs me. The ultra bright backup LEDs are wonderful.
    • While its wonderful in my Highlander, heated and cooled seats, power adjustable, memory, etc, are nice, but those thousands of dollars added to the Prius price blow its ROI and it makes more sense if more lux is needed to get the hybrid Avalon - drove the 2019 Limited Hybrid and its amazing and 44 mpg! Although it costs 2, Prius'
    • I would love a panoramic roof like my Highlander, but, then again, I'm not willing to pay more than 22k out the door for a Prius.
    • Don't do anything to the Prius that impacts reliability, safety, ride comfort, or MPG negatively and keep it at the 22k out the door and I'll likely keep buying them (just adopted 2 kids, so in ~15 years, I'll be purchasing 2 more new Prius' for them)
    my 2 cents

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thought of a few more

• Dual cargo area lights
    • Leather-wrapped steering wheel. The SofTex is ok but my leather-wrapped steering wheel on the Gen 3 still feels nice after 9 years. The SofTex on our 2016 feels plasticky after 2 years.
    • Need to reduce the glare on the 11.6" screen
    • Rear A/C vents
    • Dual-zone automatic climate control

Yes the last two will hurt mpg but the rear A/C vents can be taken care of with S-Flow (and the driver priority and front seat priority would actually make sense)

JosephG likes this.
  5. civicdriver06

civicdriver06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Increased ground clearence !
    At least to the level of gen.3 .

6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Huh, I looked it up, thinking there'd be little difference, but there was some reduction. From the (CDN) 2010 and 2016 Sales Brochures:

2010 Ground Clearance (mm/in): 140/5.5
    2016 Ground Clearance (mm/in): 123/4.8

Reduction is 17mm or 0.7 inch (nearly 3/4").

Tideland Prius likes this.
  7. JosephG

JosephG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Maybe it's the addition of the spoilers under the car? Aren't those new with the 4th generation? I'd rather not raise the car since that hurts fuel economy, but it would be nice if we had like cladding on the bottom of the front bumper or something for when there's a steep driveway.

Oh, and I would like a trunk release inside the car.

8. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Third gen has a fair bit of plastic underpanels; I believe fourth gen even more so though. Third gen foremost piece tends to snag on concrete wheel stops at the front of parking stalls; I learned that the hard way: have become adept at taking it off and patching it up with epoxy and fiberglass mesh. :rolleyes:

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    More 2019 vehicles are coming with dual rear USB ports (Forester, 3 Series, Altima) and some have USB-C ports.

A cool feature to stand out is a 110/120V outlet or the DC OUT option to tap into the Hv battery for camping or emergency use.

krmcg likes this.
  10. PriusPeep

PriusPeep Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My wish list

--I wish the Prius had a windshield design that doesn't crack so easily. And then I wish they would not have dealers/partners who try to hammer and sucker you for a ridiculous $1,200-plus with some nonsense scam about having to do a "recalibration." Take charge of your product, Toyota.

--I would like to be able to open the hatch/trunk from inside the car... as you are able to with almost every other vehicle on the market. Most vehicles also give you an option to open with the remote key fob.

--Continue to make the Prius as quiet as possible, i.e. road noise and wind noise.

--Must continue to modernize and improve the infotainment displays. The larger iPad-like display was a good start. If CarPlay is not available I will not purchase.

11. civicdriver06

civicdriver06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    #91 civicdriver06, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  12. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    4wd with less ground clearance seems an oxymoron?

Jeff68005 likes this.
  13. Jeff68005

Jeff68005 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have test driven the latest Prius IV. Bottom line, I fail to find enough improvements vs my 2010 Prius.
    My biggest wish is a Prius with fewer blind spots when driving. Prius should be renamed the Blind Spot.
    I am surprised I have not had an accident caused by blind spot situations.
    I also perceive the current Prius models are not keeping up with the competition on the self drive features./ safety features that prevent you from changing lanes if a car is in your danger zone / auto stop or auto speed reduction when in danger of an accident.

My sister bought a 2018 Kia Niro which we drove back from New Jersey to the midwest. I was impressed by the features while not where I wish, it was very much closer than any Prius.

I probably will wait a few more model years until most of the features that make self drive possible.improve even if true self drive is further off than most people think.

UltraJetRefill and Mendel Leisk like this.
  14. PriusPeep

PriusPeep Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    III
    This is an interesting development, especially with the snow and ice disaster we had in northern New Jersey fresh in my mind. My Prius did a good job driving on the horrible roads. Then getting off an exit where the local geniuses didn't feel the need to properly plow even eight hours into the nightmare, I got stuck in a deep mound of compacted snow and frozen slush.

Here's a brief video of my snow and ice experience. It's the only time I've had a problem in winter with my Prius. I don't blame the Prius, however. You can see another car also stuck. There were four cars stuck at various times.

And here's another article about the 2019 Prius, this one from Car and Driver:

2019 Toyota Prius Hybrid - Likely Getting All-Wheel Drive

UltraJetRefill likes this.