1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2019 Prius XLE AWDe spare tire install

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by moving2, Nov 20, 2022.

1. moving2

moving2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    All,

New to the forum. I've read posts on installing a spare tire into Gen4 Prius, but I haven't seen any that address this for the AWDe model, which has a module of some type (I'm guessing motor or inverter) mounted right in the center of the spare tire well (you can see it after all covers are removed). Has anyone successfully installed a spare into this location on an AWDe model? If so, what parts do I need?

2. atterbury90

atterbury90 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I'm wondering the very same for my 2022 AWD Prius. It came with can of Fix a Flat and air pump. This might be a problem under certain circumstances.

pjksr02 likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sounds like there isn't room. you could strap one down on the hatch floor, or behind a fron seat on the floor

4. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Although I have not seen the underdeck of Gen4 AWD-e, I suspect it is the same issue as the Prius Prime in which the larger traction battery occupies the same tire well. I don't think you can fit any spare, compact, or else fit there.