1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2020 Corolla Hybrid Official Thread

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by Tideland Prius, Apr 1, 2019.

1. davecook89t

davecook89t Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I remember having this same discussion about the US vs. Canada price of the Prius AWD a couple of months ago when we were a little less serious about buying a new car, but somehow I had forgotten how much could be saved by buying in Canada. Thanks for the reminder.

I'm on the Toyota.ca website now and seeing where we could get a much nicer Corolla Hybrid with the Premium Package than the Corolla Hybrid LE available in the States for $28,790 CAD (including PDI) which would convert to $21,880 USD at .76 (but the CAD seems to be worth even less than a couple of months ago, so I'm thinking we might even do better than that), vs. $24,055 for the Hybrid LE in the US. For those kind of savings, I might be able to convince my wife to forgo the 2.9% financing through Toyota in the States and dip into her carefully guarded, ultra conservative retirement savings account. I will make an enquiry with Toyota USA about warranty coverage, but we would definitely be willing to pay for the 2 years free oil changes at the Toyota dealer that we would otherwise be entitled to.

You guys in Canada are so lucky. If this global warming keeps up, I might be coming back there for good!;)

Tideland Prius and Mendel Leisk like this.
  2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well we’re good for some things. Although with the exchange rate, our prices have gone up. At parity with the USD, our car prices were really attractive. I’m surprised how well priced the Corolla Hybrid and Prius are in Canada. At $24k, it’s not much more than the old Prius c. And at $26k for the Premium Package, it’s a much better deal than the Prius c Technology (similar to your Prius c Four) which was also $26k.

davecook89t likes this.
  3. John321

John321 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Corolla has withstood the test of time very well, If I understand the numbers right this is one of the most popular vehicles in the world. Easy to see why -economical to buy and operate and a reputation for outstanding reliability.

With the addition of the hatchback and Hybrid Toyota has hit the ball out of the park as far as value for the customer!

davecook89t likes this.
  4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A