1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2020 prime mods

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by powercat, Jul 21, 2020.

1. powercat

powercat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    2020 prime-amazingly efficient car! So far I have rustproofed it-took several days as thers are many panels to remove, also added oem door side moldings-pretty easy, mouseproofed vent openings with screening-cowl in front under wiper motor cover,2 vents in back by partially pulling rear interior side panels, and small rectangular opening in each wheel well that i think joins main front cowl opening.

2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
  3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I never had a mouse problem on my cars, but if they really want to gain an entrance, they will easily chew through the plastic undercovers and wheel well coverings, I would think.

4. powercat

powercat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Thats the reason for metal mesh screening over all ac/heat intake&exhaust openings, 6 locations that I know of not including intake for ice air filter.

5. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You are correct that mice are not likely to chew through the metal screen. But my point is even with those openings covered with metal screens, mice can still easily chew thorough the plastic under cover or wheel well lining, to gain an entry into the engine compartment and beyond. Covering just those openings with metal screens are probably not much of deterrent for them. We had mice chew through vinyl siding and half inch thick plywood to enter our storage garage. Oh BTW, I don't park my car in a garage. Our cars are always parked outside on driveway, and we have many, many feral cats my wife feed around our house after TNR.

6. powercat

powercat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Salamander-I agree they can easily get into eng compartment-dont have to chew anything-just run up inside of tire/suspension etc but that doesnt get them into cabin and my experience with quite a few other cars is if you screen off all air intake and exhaust vents that lead to cabin area you will keep them out of car interior which is my main goal-of course there is still possibility of chewed wiring in eng compartment

Salamander_King likes this.