1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2020 Prius Prime and Extreme Cold...

Discussion in 'Prime Fuel Economy & EV Range' started by Darrell Kolodka, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Acadianer

Acadianer Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    Glad I found this thread. I have a 2020 PP, which was purchased in May 2021. We've done 11,000kms and have put fuel 3 times since. During summer, I saw ranges in the 60+kms, which was exhilarating lol. We've had some pretty knarly cold days in 2022. This morning, I did my 28km commute and had 35km EV remaining once I parked in the work parking garage... it basically started the ICE upon start up and it never shut off. This morning was one of maybe 3 days it has slept outside in the very very cold eastern Canada temps (had to park truck in garage to thaw out my frozen air suspension). Anyways, yesterday was a similar drive to work, but it had parked inside the garage, where the temps rarely go below below freezing temps. I plug in the car at night and it's on schedule for when I leave the next morning. I've tried climate prep on, but never see/feel a difference when going into the car. Oh and this morning, my rear window never thawed and my front window still had frost (not thick ice) on about 6-8" from the edges on the top and both sides. My average was 6.4l/100km when I parked at work...it never even went into hybrid mode neither by the looks of it.

I'll check to make sure the traction battery heater is set to on, I never when into the menu to check this out