1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2020 Prius Prime availability in Southeast?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by PA, Aug 28, 2019.

1. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    So Toyota’s website wont let me "Build” a 2020 Prius Prime, saying it’s not available in my region yet (Southeat), but stay tuned. However, just about every local dealer’s website shows one or more 2020’s in their inventory, with photos and VINs. And one even has a Prime Advanced, which isn’t even listed on the Toyota website. (Toyota shows LE, XLE, and Limited only.)

So naturally I’m wondering how is it in the dealers’ inventory if it’s not available?

2. schja01

schja01 One of very few in Chicagoland

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    If it really is an Advanced it’s not a 2020 or vice versus.
    The 2020 equivalent of Advanced is “Limited”.

3. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    The Toyota distributor for the Southeast is independent from corporate, and dictates what's available. Plenty here that live in the region go outside it for their Prius.

As for what the dealers' sites, I wouldn't trust them. Just checked a dealer in NC, and the photos for a 2020 listing are of a 2019; only 2 seats in the rear. Maybe the dealer is getting one, and it isn't on the lot yet.

4. yiujai86

yiujai86 Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I just purchased a Supersonic Red 2020 Prius Prime XLE yesterday in Hollywood Florida.

5. 20PrimeXLE

20PrimeXLE New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I picked up a ‘20 Prime XLE in the Midwest over the weekend and had it delivered midweek. The dealership sold the only XLE they had 1 1/2 hrs before I showed up to test drive. Test drove the LE trim and looked at a standard Prius XLE for a sense of the trim. When the salesman did a locate there were only 4 XLE trim w/in 200 mi radius “on the ground” ie delivered to dealer lots. Depending on your regional prices it might make sense to shop nationwide and pay $750 for transport.