1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2020 Prius prime wheels without the wheel covers?

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by Tickwood, Oct 4, 2019.

1. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I haven't mounted them permanently yet, only test fit.

Yes, all the specs you listed are correct. But you should be able to confirm when you look at the wheels, the specs are stamped on the back of the spokes.

Yes, I bought a set of hubcentric rings (56.1 to 54.1) off of Ebay.

The clearance on the front or rear brake calipers, can't really remember which, are pretty tight, like 1mm, so I bought a pair of 3mm spacers and plan to use them. 3mm spacers are pretty much the thinnest available, you'll only need two, if the Prime is the same. Just test fit the wheels and check clearances, especially around the brake calipers/spokes.

Edit: Sorry, I need the spacers for a set of 16" Subaru wheels I got, I never kept the 17" set. You may not need any spacers for the 17s, it just depends on the spoke geometry what kink of clearance you'll have.

Regular acorn seat lugnuts is what you need, not the Toyota mag type, flat seat, with washer that you probably have now.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

#21 xliderider, Mar 6, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    Aditzah likes this.
  2. Aditzah

Aditzah New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The Subary alloys are exactly the same as the ones you posted on this thread and i have same car like you :)
    I`ll try them on the front and back because my actual wheels (Persona 17s) have only 7-8 mm clearence on the brake calipers.
    I really like them, but if i have to use spacers also, besides hubcentric ringsand new lug nuts, i`ll probably be better buying another set of Persona wheels for just 40 dollars extra.

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sorry, I went back and looked at the pics I posted earlier in this thread. I'm pretty sure you'll be OK without spacers on those wheels.

I currently have a different set of Subaru wheels (16 inch) that I'm waiting to put on our Gen 3 hatchback.
    It's this set that I'll need to use spacers.

Here's a test fit picture I took. 20200207_175015.jpeg

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Aditzah likes this.