1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2021 Prime Limited drivers seat

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by paxam, Nov 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. paxam

paxam Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hello All
    I have had my 2021 Prime Limited for 4000 miles now and the drivers seat is very uncomfortable, I get mid back and shoulder pain after about 30 min in the car. I have adjusted the seat every way I can in order to find a sweet spot but I cannot , I let other people take the car for a day and they also come back telling me the same thing. It feels like a wire or cord about half way up the seat is too tight. on my 2010 prius I never had this issue. Just curious if anyone else experienced this and what they did to resolve it.

Attached Files:

2. JGC61

JGC61 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    No problem here

3. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Saw some cushions on sale at a local Costco. Worth a shot....

#3 jzchen, Dec 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  4. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I haven't noticed any difference with my 2021 Prius Prime than with my 2020 Prius Prime, and they are both comfortable.

You obviously have some shoulder and/or back injury and sitting in a car for a prolonged period is aggravating it. Physical therapy or a chiropractor might help, along with exercise. Good luck and I hope you feel better.

5. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Yes ! I'm not sure if this is the problem with your seat, but....
    In one of my older cars I've had a seat where the SRS (air bags) system sensor in the seat poked out a bit, just enough that I could feel it when I brushed my hand across the seatback.
    This also caused the SRS dash light to come on in my car. I was able to shut the SRS dash light by pressing on the SRS sensor in the seatback.

I fixed it by buying another used seat for the car.

If you can feel something in the seat that doesn't feel right to you and the others that have driven your car
    I'd recommend you find another car like you have and see if you feel the same thing in the same place as you do with your car. Than you'll know pretty much for sure.

edit: oopps I was looking at the OP's profile car 2010 and missed the thread title about 2021 :whistle:

#5 vvillovv, Dec 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    Gokhan and Trollbait like this.
  6. RustyRaven

RustyRaven New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Just in case, have you tweaked (softened) the lumbar support? Round button on the side...

pghyndman likes this.
  7. paxam

paxam Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    yes allot of lumbar to no lumbar support.

8. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    It could also be a pea. ;)

The story tells of a prince who wants to marry a princess but is having difficulty finding a suitable wife. Something is always wrong with those he meets and he cannot be certain they are real princesses because they have bad table manners or they are not his type. One stormy night a young woman drenched with rain seeks shelter in the prince's castle. She claims to be a princess, so the prince's mother decides to test their unexpected, unwitting guest by placing a pea in the bed she is offered for the night, covered by huge mattresses and 20 feather-beds. In the morning, the guest tells her hosts that she endured a sleepless night, kept awake by something hard in the bed that she is certain has bruised her. With the proof of her bruised back, the princess passes the test and the prince rejoices. A huge wedding takes place in the palace. The prince couldn't believe that he found his true princess. Only a real princess would have the sensitivity to feel a pea through such a quantity of bedding, so the two are married. The story ends with the pea being placed in a museum, where according to the story it can still be seen today unless someone has removed it.

[​IMG]

The Princess and the Pea - Wikipedia

9. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Since it's a new car (I missed the title and looked in your profile instead, sorry about that) I'd recommend you try another Prime at a dealer to see if the seats in the second Prime feel the same to you as yours. It is a low sitting profile and if you're used to sitting higher it can be uncomfortable at best.