1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2021 Prime warning message

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by nascrlvr, Feb 4, 2024.

1. nascrlvr

nascrlvr nascrlvr

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I just received a "shifting unavailable. release accelerator and press brake to shift" message. Then there was a whirring sound in the background that got faster and somewhat louder. I was in ev mode. I shifted it to hybrid/ev mode and the engine started and a I heard the whirring but a little quieter. There was a yellow triangle on the display and on the head up display. I tried turning off and restarting twice, and going between ev and hybrid/ev mode. Nothing changed. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. FuelMiser

FuelMiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Our hybrid, not prime, does this at times when moving the shift lever too fast prior to having the brake pedal depressed. I'd say make sure you are depressing the brake pedal before shifting. Failing that, check that your brake lights come on when depressing the brake pedal. This could be a faulty brake pedal activation switch.