2021 Prius C models?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Pri3C, Mar 17, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Pri3C

Pri3C Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Searching recent Prius C videos on YouTube I’m noticing lots of new videos coming out of Mexico advertising 2021 Prius C models. I’m linking a few of the vids below. Is Toyota making new models for this market and manufacturing them there? Does anyone have the details?

#1 Pri3C, Mar 17, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Yes, the Prius c, discontinued in the U.S. after model year 2019, is still sold in Mexico (page in Spanish). In Japan, the equivalent Toyota Aqua (page in Japanese) is very popular, and it’s no surprise that Toyota might continue selling the same model elsewhere.

According to Mexican government reports from INEGI, the Prius c cars sold there are imported from Japan; Toyota’s domestic production is of Tacoma and Yaris models only.

Tideland Prius and Pri3C like this.
  3. Pri3C

Pri3C Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Interesting! Thanks for the info. I think you’re right about them being imported from Japan. Watching the second video I linked a little further (@ 1:20) under the hood it says what I think translates to “vehicle approved for Mexico”.

Have the headlights and front design been tweaked again?

The top video gives a good tour of the interior.

Does anyone see anything else, inside or out, that looks different from previous years?

I noticed both models featured in the videos are standard key.

4. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Same LED headlights as my 2018/USA model. 2021/MX version seems to have LED taillights, a new change.

Looks like the front bumper cover was revised for a different grille and foglight plugs. This is interesting to me because it's similar to the updated bumper cover on the USA models. I'm guessing this is differentiated for the Crossover styling package. Hey wait! These MX cars don't have the Crossover package at all! USA models got this for 2018-19; it's the black plastic cladding following the lowline on the wheel arches and rocker panels & black clad not-roofrack thing on top.

Interior appears virtually identical to my 2018 though I notice it hasn't got the Toyota Safety Sense camera system.

re: standard key- not surprising at all. Lots of features with high "consequential costs" are removed from cars in the MX market. Some don't have airbags because the insurance companies fought the replacement costs. Not surprising to see standard keys vs. the radio things.

Pri3C likes this.
  5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    To be fair, the Prius c One and Two had a regular key and only the Three and Four had SKS.

6. davidc83

davidc83 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Five
    Yep, my 2015 C 2 has a regular key, no sks

Z6201V ?

Tideland Prius likes this.