1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2021 Prius Prime LE vs. XLE Remote Connect Question

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by phorse, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree 100%. My 2021 PP Ltd is the third PP for me. I have not installed the Toyota app nor registered my car yet. I don't have to bother with it if I just keep driving this car with the 11.6" screen turned off 99% of the time. But, I have a feeling that I have to install the Toyota App and register my car so that I can opt out the Saftey Connect, which is currently active and SOS light staying on. What a stupid system that I have to install the app I don't use but just to turn off the feature I don't want.:mad:

2. foolfuel

foolfuel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Upgrade
    Had a 2017 base model and now own a 2020 upgrade which has the 11.6 screen.
    Really like Toyota but the infotainment is to my opinion not to an acceptable level of quality for anyone that knows how to use a mobile phone.
    I can confirm that updates are not covered by the 3 years support so I recently paid $$ to get the latest map upgrade...while being frustrated of what I got for the price.
    Even Toyota Canada can't confirm if ever Android auto would ever be retrofittable.

Sad that Toyota didn't saw Tesla coming with what I know consider a basic feature....system updates.
    Honestly the base model is way cheaper and makes more for the buck.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. Daniel L

Daniel L Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    2022 LE here. Although it's nice to see vehicle status, tire pressure, and trip information on the phone, the rest of the app and connected services are worthless. I have not been able to start the A/C with the app. I have also been unable to program the charge times successfully.

#23 Daniel L, Aug 28, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  4. ONeal

ONeal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I have '21 LE. I have called support 1 week after getting car. They were very helpful. They acknowledge that the app was built for the RAV4. The only functions the PP get is view status, remote climate (max heat/cool) only, and start charging. So on remote climate the app will pull up last setting, but you can't use that setting. You have to set it to max settings, with that work 100% for me.

buztabuzt likes this.
  5. Daniel L

Daniel L Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This is a great tip! I can start the A/C from my office now

The individual tire pressures are also buried in "My Garage" on top, Maintenance->Tire Pressure

6. DukeofPrime

DukeofPrime Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    The individual tire pressure must be another one of those LE-only feature as I don't see it on my XLE