1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2021 Toyota Sienna Information

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by drash, May 18, 2020.

1. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Tideland Prius likes this.
  2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I wonder spare tier on eAWD models have space under the body? Older mechanical AWD Sienna didn't, so if you put the spare in the back, the third row seats could not be stowed.

3. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Compendium of reveal reviews:

1. 2021 Toyota Sienna minivan: All hybrid and a wild design - Roadshow
    2. 2021 Toyota Sienna Minivan Offers Fresh New Looks and Standard Hybrid Powertrain - MotorTrend
    3. 2021 Toyota Sienna Looks Wild and Comes Only as a Hybrid

Highlights from the reviews:

1. Same hybrid set up as the 2020/21 Highlander Hybrid - NiMH 1.87 kWh so they use the same 6.5 Ah cells as in all of their NiMH batteries since Gen 2 Prius. Yes they moved the battery under the front seat. Why? If you opt for the 8 seat bench, the middle section folds into the floor. Neither the outboard seats on the bench or the captain chairs with or without optional fold out ottomans are removeable.

2. They use the same 2.5 L as in their RAV4 Hybrid and 2021 Venza but managed another 10 hp out of it (186 vs 176) and another 12lbs of torque.

3. There’s a “flying bridge” between the 2 front seats. Looks big enough for my wife’s purse. Toyota says it personalizes the driving experience so it doesn’t seem like you are driving a bus. Seriously.

4. No info on whether they’ll use the same 20 gallon gas tank as the 2020 Sienna. If they did maybe they should include a potty since that’ll be as much as 660 miles of range and with the inclusion of a fridge, you are just asking for trouble. Don’t get too excited, they’ll probably use the same 17.1 gallon tank as the HiHy.

5. The looks are getting pros and cons. I feel in person that grill on that big of a car is gonna look ..... big.

iPad ? Pro

#3 drash, May 21, 2020
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
    Tideland Prius likes this.
  4. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Humm, the higher trims with the second-row captain's seats not stowable would be a deal-breaker for me. Only lower trims with second-row bench seat can be stowed. Now, if the front center console is a solid unremovable object, that would also be a deal-breaker for me. In our old Sienna, the front center console was foldable. I often used that space to slide in 10 feet long lumbers and pipes.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It'll have a smaller gas tank. As fuel economy increases, the need for a large fuel tank decreases (makes sense.. you can go the same or further on less fuel).

They're not stowable or removeable. You'll have to fold them and slide the 10 ft lumber over the folded rear seatbacks (and hopefully they're level with the height of the front centre console) so in theory you have the length but instead of having it on the floor, your load is now resting on the seatbacks and front centre console armrest.

drash and Salamander_King like this.
  6. John321

John321 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Compelling vehicle.

Wonder about the price.

We upgraded from our 2004 Sienna this December,we wanted a Sienna but we were set on having all safety options that were available for automobiles. They had a 2019 Sienna on the lot we looked at that had all the features except two and Toyota didn't include these features on any of their vehicles. The 2019 XLE Sienna with end of year discounts was offered to us at $41,000. I was afraid to ask what a 2020 would have cost if I ordered it. This price did include a $2500 Toyota employee discount