2022 base model Prius AWD speaker ugrade

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Skavis, Oct 7, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Skavis

Skavis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Hi everyone..

Base model 2022 speakers leave a lot to be desired. I don't have the time to replace them myself and just went to a local shop who quoted me all over the place. So a couple questions for y'all in hopes to gain a better understanding of what I'm getting into.

When checking out Crutchfield they don't have any info on the 2022, only the 21 model Prius. Would the same speakers work for the 2022?

Any recommendations from everyone on best move forward? I'm thinking of just replacing the speakers and see if it makes a large enough difference. I could use some more volume and a touch more bass. I KNOW a sub and amp would be nice but also adds a butt load to the cost.

So I guess long story short. What is the easiest way to purchase good quality upgrades and take to a pro to install. I don't want to have to mess up any connections or use a different screen. I don't want the Toyota OEM system to screen at anything I do.

The one thing I got out of my discussion with the dude at the shop was that if they ran aux out it's much cheaper but isn't direct and clean. I don't need neighborhood crushing sound so I'm not talking top of the line. Just really some key points on what to look for.

The biggest difference in my post to what I've found is I'm not looking to do it myself. So trying to keep it simple. Hope that makes sense.

2. Skavis

Skavis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Also I can't edit. . that is supposed to say I don't want the Toyota OEM system to scream at me for anything.
    And another simple question I suppose to summarize is ... Can I get the recommended speakers from Crutchfield for the 2021 model, take it to an installer and call it a day?