1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2022 Kia EV6 Official Thread

Discussion in 'Hyundai/Kia/Genesis Hybrids and EVs' started by Tideland Prius, Apr 7, 2021.

1. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I was driving in a Rav4 hybrid when a black RV6 passed me. Being a car nut I noticed it wasn't the usual so crept up till I could read the lettering on the hatch. Squashed Venza form factor, much shorter than my Rav4. To some this may be a good thing. But for 3-4 to the golf course with cart bags and later trash to the dump not going to work for me. I've downsized from a Grand Caravan mini-van through a Honda CRV to a Prius v and the Rav4 is a useful size. The lines I saw were busy. No idea if they helped the aero but they weren't appealing in black. Maybe in another color.

2. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    The oddest thing about the EV6 was the both outside mirrors seemed to have two projections kinda like horns. Aero or added cameras I don't know.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Your RAV4 is actually 3-4" shorter than the EV6. (180.9" vs 184" ish) unless you mean in height, then yes, it's much shorter.

Not sure. Could be aero, could be just design. It adds to the concavity of the tip where the signal repeaters are. The cameras are below the mirrors.

4. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Couldn't find an official Kia Niro EV thread... I am tagging on this thread.

Just received an email from Kia. Filled out the form to request a test drive. A local dealer contacted me. They wanted me to place an order for the upcoming Kia Niro EV. I asked, "How much and how long waiting?" The answer, "$3,000 above MSRP and a minimum of 8 months of waiting." That was the end of the conversation.

It is a nice-looking subcompact cross over though. If I can find it under $40K, I was considering swapping my PP... but it's not gonna happen at the current price and availability.

upload_2022-5-26_7-23-15.png

5. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Note that the image is of the current generation, not the new 2023 version.

It’s too bad you guys have to deal with ADMs. It does sour the deal.

Salamander_King likes this.
  6. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A