1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2022 Prime Back up camera misaligned

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Aaron Dowell, Feb 8, 2023.

1. Aaron Dowell

Aaron Dowell New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Hello, I just purchased a 2022 Prime about a month ago. It seems my back up camera is not aligned correctly. Seems the right side is off by about 6 inches, it always shows I am going to drive into my grass when backing out of my garage but I seem to be at least 8 inches away.

Anyone else had this issue? I have talked to my salesmen to see if I can bring it in for them to look at, but seems no service appointments available until mid March. I did ask if he can get me in earlier, so hopefully he can.

Just wondering if others have had this experience and what they were able to do about it? Thanks in advance.

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    In the Navigation System Owner’s Manual (PDF), page 154, Toyota writes of the vehicle width guide lines, “The displayed width is wider than the actual vehicle width.” If the area within the lines is too wide, but the view isn’t shifted to the left or to the right, and the vehicle center guide line is more or less aligned with the car’s extended centerline, I wouldn’t expect a dealer to make any repairs.

There may not be much they could do, anyway. Unlike the forward recognition camera or millimeter wave radar sensor assembly, for which the Repair Manual (more info) gives alignment instructions, there isn’t a published procedure to adjust the rear television camera assembly. The dealer could check that the back door is properly aligned to the vehicle body, and if necessary, replace the camera assembly or the back door panel sub-assembly to which it’s mounted. The latter, I’m sure, wouldn’t be done as a warranty repair without Toyota’s permission, since the list price for the panel sub-assembly is $3,720.40, plus painting and labor.

pghyndman likes this.
  3. pghyndman

pghyndman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Yes, on page 161:

upload_2023-2-9_11-21-40.png