1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2022 Prius Prime Cross Bars

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by studioz27, Mar 25, 2022.

1. studioz27

studioz27 New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Hello! About to pick up my 2022 prime tomorrow!!! Question… it came w cross bars on window sticker.. is this something i keep on the vehicle? i see no one on the road w them on. Should i request that they keep them in the box?

2. prius16

prius16 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Congratulations on your new Prius Prime!

I'd suggest they keep the cross bars in the box. That's what I'm doing.

You could also keep them always on the vehicle.
    Many do.
    However, they will cause some noise at highway speed, and they will reduce gas mileage.
    During the winter, many skiers keep the cross bars on until Spring.
    Some leave them on, and then put their bikes on the cross bars (and on top of the car). Having the bikes on top of the car does cut down on the likely hood of anyone trying to steal a tire or a bike. And, it also prevents from the bikes from blocking more of the rear view.

Btw, I'm also getting the cross bars. However, as a dealer installed item.
    Imho, the ~$10 I'd save on buying the accessories online isn't worth the hassle, or the risk of damage.

3. MalachyNG

MalachyNG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    It's up to you. They are easy to take on and off, just be sure they include the tools. MPG hit is negligible. Some wind noise.