1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2022 Prius XLE - power seats

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Pettifog, Aug 18, 2022.

1. Pettifog

Pettifog Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I just bought a barely used (driven by dealership owner for a few months) 2022 Prius XLE AWD-e. It has lots of bells and whistles (including assisted parking, high-end speakers, etc.). What it does NOT have is power seats -- not even for the driver's seat. The salesman told me that power seats are not available on that model, but that doesn't make sense. A car engineer friend suggested that it might be due to the scarcity of chips, but I called the dealer and he said that's not it -- it just isn't an available feature. Does anyone have any 411 on this issue?

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just check toyota.com. XLE FWD has a power driver's seat but not the AWD-e model.

upload_2022-8-17_23-40-16.png

bisco and Doug McC like this.
  3. MIkeDr

MIkeDr Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Nope, no dice for the AWD variety. Toyota makes some really odd calls in what features they offer on various models. It’s really something I wish ours had.

4. Doug McC

Doug McC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    You can sign up for MyToyota on Toyota.com, enter your VIN and print out a list of features your car has (my dealership did this when we bought our car in February).

5. Chris Wolfgram

Chris Wolfgram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    You can have mine :) lol
    I'm probably just kidding, but honestly, I do not know ? Maybe I will end up liking it ? I bought a brand new 2022 XLE with a drivers side power seat yesterday > because it had everything else I wanted, and just happened to have a drivers side power seat. Hmm. Okay. To be honest, I used to adjust the seats a LOT on my 2019 LE, as I do Uber and Lyft, so I was constantly moving it back and forth for max comfort for myself and passengers, depending on how many passengers, and how big / tall they were.... and I know I did it faster manually, than my new power one.
    Played with the power seat a bit yesterday, but forgot to check if it will slide back 100% as far, and lean back 100% as much as the manual seat in my 2019 LE. This is 100% critical ! As I will sleep in my car a LOT. Sometimes for out of town Uber driving, and for my cross country car camping. If this is not the case, I will end up ripping this seat out, selling it, and getting some kind of high end Recarro or something.

6. Pettifog

Pettifog Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Well, that answers my question. Thank you!

Another reply set me straight -- the XLE does have power seats, but the AWD-e version does not. I miss that feature, which my Prius 4 had! I don't like having to lean over, and it takes a couple of times to get it just right. Let's just trade seats!! On another note, my son is a cross-country car camper, too! He had a Subaru Outback for years, but drove it into the ground -- several cross-country trips and lots of hiking and camping besides. Now he has my old Prius -- he's building a sleeping platform and using the mattress from the Outback. I hope you're able to make peace with your power seat!

#6 Pettifog, Sep 22, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2022
  7. Chris Wolfgram

Chris Wolfgram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Well I really just need to know (and I guess I'll find out in about an hour, my Prius is at my GF's house) if it will slide back, and tilt back 100% as far as the manual seat did ? If so, I will get used to the electric controls. If not, it will have to be swapped out.

Edit: Wow ! I just found out that the electric driver's seat slides back, and tilts, at least 100% as far, if not 105% ! When I was tilting it back, it got to where it was starting to smash down into the back seat, and the electric motor started bogging, which I'm sure is not good for it, so I'll be careful with that, but yes, it's going to great for car camping :)

#7 Chris Wolfgram, Sep 22, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  8. duane krause

duane krause New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I cannot express how disappointed I am about not having as many options for the driver's seat configuration as my 2013 Prius!! Not only is there not an electric seat adjustment option, but MORE IMPORTANTLY, the seat does not go as high. Yes - tall people need to have the seat low and with a lot of footroom, but those of us under 5 ft 2 inches need to be able to be comfortable too. I just waited months for my car and paid full price and now I'm not comfortable. I bought a new Prius because I couldn't testdrive any cars and needed to be able to have the car fit for my height, whcih many cars do not. Now, even the Prius doesn't work. Very very disappointing.

9. Lynn Goldhammer

Lynn Goldhammer New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I look at all these extra bells and whistles as more things that can break…. May be better off without..