1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2023 Gen 5 Prius & Prius Prime Launch Videos

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by Danny, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I think it does steer to keep in the center of lane if you turn the lane-keep assist on, which always do. There is no automated lane change of course.

Tideland Prius likes this.
  2. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Now that's a quick primer! Thank you drash

3. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    The solar roof will not be available on XSE, which is the equivalent of XLE on Gen 4.

It will be available on XSE Premium (the equivalent of Limited on Gen 4) with an optional package (~ $2,000) that also has a panoramic-view monitor, digital rear-view mirror, advanced parking, and heated rear seats.

So, the fully loaded Prime XSE Premium with the optional solar roof should cost about $8,000 more over the base SE around $38,000.

#23 Gokhan, Nov 21, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
    wjtracy likes this.
  4. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, bargain basement considering $50k average USA car purchase now. Any prospect of USA-built on Prime?

Gokhan likes this.
  5. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I don't know if enough attention is being put on the advanced parking feature. A lot of reviewers seem to think it's just a version of warning lights/sounds. First, it's an autopark function. Both parallel parking and backing in. Second, it now has a memory function that lets you store up to three parking spots using the panoramic view monitor. Nice for parking at home or an assigned apartment/condo/work spot. But the cool thing will be if the US version gets the remote control option unlocked. That allows you to park the car using your cell phone while you're outside the car. You can either engage the autopark or memory park function after you've exited the vehicle. And the car will also partially pull out of a perpendicular spot on its own. Really nice if it's a tight space or someone blocked your door.

Toyota USA Advanced Park:

Toyota Global Advanced Park (Remote Controlled):

Gokhan and Roqu3 like this.
  6. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I think so, plus some EV incentives. My monthly payments on my 60-month loan will be reduced from $660 to $400 despite the higher interest rates if I trade in my blue-magnetism 2021 Limited to a guardian-gray 2023/2024 XSE Premium with the optional solar-roof package next year.

They will be built in Japan only, but the new multimedia head unit was designed in Texas. ;)

#26 Gokhan, Nov 21, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
    wjtracy likes this.