1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured 2023 Honda CR-V More Expensive Than Before, Hybrid Gets 40 MPG

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tideland Prius, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    2023 Honda CR-V More Expensive Than Before, Hybrid Gets 40 MPG

telmo744 and Mendel Leisk like this.
  2. dctalk523

dctalk523 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I’m really considering the crv hybrid also thinking about the model y

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Sadly the HV controls now look like Toyota: all the vent modes are controlled by a single, flush-on-the-dash button you push multiple times to select what you want. This necessitates eyes off the road for a protracted time. I don’t know why they all jumped on this bandwagon, suspect cost-cutting and short memories.

douglasjre likes this.
  4. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have found the crv vent modes button acceptable in our similar crv. The temperature knob is the same and fan speed knob looks easier in the new model. There is little doubt the crv is a better riding, tighter and quieter car than the rav4 but the rav's hybrid technology is more advanced. Certainly the rav4 prime is far better hybrid tech. The crv's blind spot implementation is excellent and the auto braking has never falsely triggered.

EB321D8E-37FD-486B-9460-B47B166DC9E5.jpeg

5. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    This in the first I have owned a BSM equipped car and the Toyota shows lights in the mirror, a mirror I've been trained over 60+ years to look at. No bings.

What about the CRV's blind spot detection system is it you like over a Toyota implementation?

6. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    In addition to the flashing light in the mirror, you get an immediate audible warning with the turn signal. The audible further trains you to use the turn signal. Blind spot warning is the best of the day to day safety features. I also like the rear cross traffic alerts when reversing.

7. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    There's a one-button front defog/defrost setting. That's the only one most people urgently need while driving, not unlike the "all knobs all the way to the right" standard of the previous generation of manual HVAC controls.

Trollbait likes this.
  8. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Have a friend who agrees with you, he traded in a Rav4 with maybe 20k miles for a Camry because he missed the beep and didn't like the ingress of an SUV.

My Toyota mirror lights blink on as a vehicle enters my blind spot no matter if my turn signal is on or off. Since I always check it (or at least 99.8% of the time) I then know not to change lanes. I only get the warning squeal if I start to move to the side and a vehicle is proximate. I like the cross traffic alert, proximity detection when parking, pedestrian warnings ... what I call the nannies. Only real reason I sold a perfectly good Prius v hybrid for the Rav4 hybrid was these features. Saved my bacon several times.

Another feature I like is the optional camera display in the rear view mirror. Great when the back is piled high with stuff. Or the 360 display that shows you where you are in the parking lines. Or while parking relative to the curb.

Not to mention the lane tracking warnings and the ability to run for hundreds of miles on an interstate basically doing all the distance keeping and steering for you. When I picked up the car I had driven 350 miles to get it and it really helped on the same night trip back.

And mine has the adaptive headlights that light up additional LED segment to light the inside of a turn you are making.

Amazing what all the sensors and chips can do these days. If you can find a car to buy.