1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2023 Mercedes EQB

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by Tideland Prius, Apr 19, 2021.

1. hkmb

hkmb Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I test-drove an EQA last week. I don't think they're selling them in America, but you can see one at

It was too small for us, which I knew already: between our family road trips, my ferrying around of in-laws, and my wife's antique-shopping habit, it was never going to work. But I know that it will share many of its features, including its drivetrain, with the EQB, and that from the driver's seat forward the cabins will be similar. So, given that there are no EQBs around yet, I drove an EQA and had a good explore of a GLB: between them, that should give me a good idea of what an EQB will be like.

I was very impressed. Materials were lovely. The ride was great. The cockpit design was attractive and very easy to use. It was extremely relaxing to drive. And the GLB certainly seems to have the space I need. My only concern on space is that the floor of the EQA was too high and the rear seats were too low, because of battery positioning, and it seems likely that the EQB may have similar issues. The only other problem was that it seems you need the AMG Pack to get some of the features I want, but if you get the AMG pack you can't have a light-coloured interior.

But the EQB is definitely on my shortlist.