1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2023 Prius Prime EV Range

Discussion in 'Prime Fuel Economy & EV Range' started by 00crashtest, May 16, 2021.

?
  1. widely available Clarity PHEV

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. wait for 2023 Prius Prime

16 vote(s)
    88.9%
  1. DOHCtor

DOHCtor Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    Note that i'm talking about tons of Toyotas i see at the dealership where i work and my own Civic, not tons of Hondas, i don't work at Honda. But i know for sure that Hondas rear disc brakes sucks for the most part. Their 6spd manual transmission, while very reliable (if you're gentle..) is far from being robust and will crap out if you only ever sightly abuse them, 1.5t oil dilution problems, etc..

2. Michael Wood

Michael Wood Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    My 2020 Prius still exceeds that published 25 mile range by over 25%. This photo is from this morning. If I was on the fence about Prius vs. the competition, I would land on Prius every time. The Prius engineering team is unmatched.

Attached Files:

3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The original poll was to choose between "widely available Clarity PHEV" and "wait for 2023 Prius Prime".

Well, the problem is that Honda Clarity was never widely available even when they were sold, and it is now discontinued. You can't find any Clarity unless you are very lucky to find some off-lease vehicle or other used ones. As for the 2023 Prime, it is not out yet. The idea was that back in May 2021 when this poll was posted, the 2023 PP was predicted to have increased EV range than its predecessors. I really doubt the 2023 PP when it comes out will have major changes from the current version.

Rmay635703 likes this.