1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2023 Prius Prime - official prices paid thread

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by Marine Ray, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Alessandro_Ibi

Alessandro_Ibi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----UK----
    So, Sunday evening coming back from a tour (Pescara - L'Aquila and back) with Lexus UX, I couldn't stop but I saw a car transporter (stopped at a service station on the highway) with some Toy and Lexus and I perceived a Mustard colour on it. This early morning the dealer advised the car is at their "deposit", inviting to make the final payment. I immediately asked to see the car, before. Still waiting for a response! (4 ours ago!). Will see in the afternoon, now here is 13.10.
    @Maxwell61 ! The car was indeed in the shipment.
    Tomorrow late in the morning I will be able to have a look IF the car is here effectively (and not eventually still in Livorno docks).
    Regards
    Alessandro

Maxwell61 and AndersOne like this.
  2. AndersOne

AndersOne Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Good luck - lets see who wins the race for the first European 2023 Prius! Im excited for you:D

Maxwell61 and Alessandro_Ibi like this.
  3. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine has apparently been at the Finnish arrival port for a week, but the tracking site said it had retreated back to Sweden this morning.

A backward tracking step is a "moving to next stage" indication, so I think that means it's getting onto the transporter train.

Maxwell61 likes this.
  4. Alessandro_Ibi

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----UK----
    They sent a message, will be able to have a look tomorrow late morning! The car IS effectively here!
    Btw, on the French forum I see somebody will pick the car around today or tomorrow!

Maxwell61 and Blizzard_Persona like this.
  5. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Well, it looks like my plan to hopefully pick her up on the 15th fell into place perfectly. I just got this picture from my salesman. It just hit the dealer lot this morning. :):cool::D

I will have a 4.5-5 hr / 250 or so mile drive to pick her up and trade in my Subaru. The return trip should give a nice feel for highway mpg. HV the whole way?? EV auto??…

IMG_6475.png

#305 Blizzard_Persona, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
  6. prime grip

prime grip Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Make sure they have your EV CHARGED and ready to go Before you drive off the lot. They forget to do that part for you sometimes. When you show up tell them to put it on charge while you do your paper work or you'll be disappointed on your drive home. Just saying.

Blizzard_Persona and bisco like this.
  7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    so true. then they say they will, and they don't anyway. so walk over with them and plug it in yourself :p

prime grip and Blizzard_Persona like this.
  8. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Personally, I'd suggest straight HV for the first 1k miles just to get the engine break-in out of the way as quickly as possible. But I don't have a Prime, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

9. Louis19

Louis19 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Upgrade
    Just drive it ;) and enjoy....The car will manage the details

GeoJ and Teleplayer like this.
  10. prime grip

prime grip Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I gotta 8:30 Dealer appointment in the morning to see if they can find and fix this Rattle ( only on bumps ) near my brake pedal area. While I'm there..... Might look into a RAV 4 Prime maybe ??? Right, if they even have one.
    This prime I have now is my 2nd one and I loved both of them but maybe it's time to get higher above the road just a little more then the low seated Prius prime.

11. Maxwell61

Maxwell61 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yahoo Ale! Georgia Highway was the one! :D
    What is your version? I'm waiting for a Lounge+ (corresponding to the US Prime LTD but w/solar roof.)

Same thing in France, they started yesterday the delivery to customers.
    Unfortunately, the change of version I did the 26/6 moved my delivery to an undetermined date... :rolleyes:

Alessandro_Ibi likes this.
  12. Alessandro_Ibi

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----UK----
    It's an Active (base European version), with some easy addendum. Take note about the fact that MyToyota app (and web link, too) actually are still blocked into the Order processing stage! I have seen the car this morning here in Pescara! Your dealer could tell if and when the car is being built - add 10 days plus 45 for sea/truck transit.
    On a side note, my last VIN numbers are higher than what as been signalled in the TSB regarding charger fan malfunction. Nevertheless construction could have been started 11th of July and ended the day after (my free interpretation of numbers on the stickers applied into the car).
    Picked up at Nagoya doks around first days of August.
    Good luck!
    Regards
    Alessandro

#312 Alessandro_Ibi, Sep 13, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
    AndersOne and Maxwell61 like this.
  13. Maxwell61

Maxwell61 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Dear Ale, i cannot write you in private because your privacy settings, so i kindly ask you if you can tell me the day of your pre-booking and/or the date of the order.

I had a pre-booking the 9/2/2023, the second day they were opened, and the predicted delivery date that my dealer showed me from the system is 10/01/2024! I want to contact TMI, there must be something wrong, perhaps the pre-booking has been overlooked.

14. Alessandro_Ibi

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----UK----
    Pre-booking 8/2/2023. Order 12/5/2023. When they merge the two positions, they add mobility hardware and 1380kW free card, but do not merge the 250€ . This morning the error has been solved also.
    Will change my settings in the forum.
    Regards
    Alessandro

Maxwell61 likes this.
  15. Nntw

Nntw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    09/09/2023 is now Prius Day at my house.

We took delivery of our reservoir blue 2023 Prius Prime XSE.

Welland Toyota (Welland Ontario) was great to deal with. Paid list for the car, naturally. Their admin fee was reasonable; think it was $299. Didn't give us a hard sell on 'upgrades'. Only options were the door sill protectors and a Toyota dash cam (which STILL doesn't talk to my iPhone). They even threw in a trunk liner (repeat customer and I've steered a few people their way).

So if anyone's in the Niagara region of Ontario ( or the 'Greater Toronto Area', for that matter), talk with Rick Fateux at Welland Toyota. Tell him Richard sent you!

#315 Nntw, Sep 14, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
    Roqu3 likes this.
  16. Maxwell61

Maxwell61 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Keep us informed, and then present the car in a dedicated thread, those are the very first to arrive in EU!

17. Alessandro_Ibi

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----UK----
    Ok, will do when availability will be clear. Now saying 5 days to register, but 10/15 to prepare the car to delivery to the customer (crying for the 60 controls they have to do!). They have several brands and about 2 hectares of new cars, sitting (delayed assignments from the various firms)!
    Mine was sitting in between two GT86 (Edit, GR86 they were)!
    On a side note, in early May they told me initially Nov/Dec , then they told September, and afterwards the delivery date disappeared (while the car was being built).
    Regards
    Alessandro

#317 Alessandro_Ibi, Sep 14, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
    Maxwell61 likes this.
  18. AndersOne

AndersOne Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nearly every european prius order so far sounds like some thriller with a lot of twists and no ending in sight. Given I ordered in June - I hope it clears up by the time mine arrives.

Maxwell61 likes this.
  19. reallyreal

reallyreal Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    I've been told by the dealer that the Lounge+ has up to 1 year waiting time, they probably make less of them.

20. Maxwell61

Maxwell61 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh Jesus o_O
    So, with a projected 10 jan 2024 i should also say thank you...