1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2023 Prius Prime - official prices paid thread

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by Marine Ray, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Zeromus

Zeromus Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    Honestly, 500$ is better than the rate of inflation over a 1 year period.

2. mikes951

mikes951 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi why is it so hard to get a prius prime try to order one it take a year? So I just order the limit and it will take 3 months just to get that.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. reservoirblue

reservoirblue New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    I don't believe that is true. I was told at the dealership that even if you pay off immediately, you are still responsible for all monthly lease payments. In my case, I put 9000.- down (plus the 4500.- from Toyota), and my combined lease payments are around 6800.- (roughly 200.- x 35).
    The advantage of not paying off until after the lease closes, seems to me that I can put the residual 20some thousand in a high yield saving or CD and, at the current 5+ %, make 3000.- plus in three years.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    they are selling more than they originally projected. the factory can't make them any faster, plus parts are still in some difficulty

5. reservoirblue

reservoirblue New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    Am I missing something here?-

6. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced

7. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hey Bisco!! I just landed back on earth; just to let you know, the 2024 Prius Prime XSE Premier that I ordered in July of 2022 is rumored to arrive during the last week of April 2024. No markup by dealer, and I have the VIN#, with all equipment. I'm buying from the same dealer I had bought my 2017 Prime Advanced. I'll need to sell that car, but it's sale will not interfere with my purchase of the 2024. Good to see you're still around; wish you and the folks at PriusChat, a happy hello!!

stuyguy and Gokhan like this.
  8. deev

deev Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    This lease tactic and buyout immediately work at least in California and many other states. The buyout immediately from Toyota financial service will save all the " rent" which is similar to the interest rate.

reservoirblue likes this.
  9. KH111

KH111 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    The lease hack worked for me in SC. The lease cash of $4500 went directly to reduce the capitalized cost so my immediate lease payoff will net me at least $4000 savings in a purchase of the vehicle. SC caps your state tax at $500 and I assume I will pay that again when I go in to the DMV to do the title paperwork. My dealer did charge a market adjustment of $2500 so I still ended paying under the MSRP+ fees. Other dealers in the area were going to charge $3000 and could not guarantee getting a vehicle so I give Spartanburg Toyota some credit for locating a vehicle in less than 3 weeks. I also got slightly more for my trade in than my Carvana quote. The lease then buy deal is a nice loophole to take advantage of but seems a stupid way of doing business. I also wish SC would get onboard with more incentives for hybrids and EV's.

KH

10. deev

deev Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    California is taking $4000 sales tax (9.XX%) for a vehicle but never fixed any roads. they spend money drawing lines on roads.. then erase these lines, redraw them and erase them... etc.

11. J. Modic

J. Modic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Hi Sorry, been a member for a while but never engaged before. Got a 2024 Prime, XLE premium, in reservoir blue. I did a build on Toyota site and sent it to an auto broker thru my credit union. I was struggling by myself with 20+ dealerships in the California area to get what I wanted and not pay over sticker. It took her 2 weeks to find what I wanted to pay. Every dealership want $2K-$4K over sticker and not even my color. When she first started she told me yea, they are asking over a $2K. They one dealership I did not even knew existed in Whitter told her they have one. They were designated to have a bunch of add-ons once it arrived at the dealership but opted out of it so I could get what I wanted. $43K.

Some things several dealerships told me they do not do or orders (Toyota does not do orders), the only get allocations and they don't get to pick what is allocated. Other thing they told me is none of the primes are coming with Solar panel roofs. I wanted that but it was like a impossible find and all said the same thing. Since I been share a car with my wife for the last 2 and half years I did not want to wait any longer. Good Luck to you all I hope you find your ride.

reservoirblue and deev like this.
  12. reservoirblue

reservoirblue New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    Congrats! I lucked into one of the few dealerships in the San Francisco/Sacramento area who don't charge above MSRP, and bought my Prime SE there. Same color as yours- which I probably would not have chosen, but the only one they had at the time. It's been growing on me.

13. reservoirblue

reservoirblue New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE

14. reservoirblue

reservoirblue New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    Well, I stand corrected. After two lease payments of $189.- each, Toyota is offering me a buyout of $ 24210.- before the next lease payment is due. I initially put down $ 9000.- (and was credited the $4500.- incentive). If i decide to do the buyout, I will have paid $ 33588.- before tax/fees for my 2024 Prius Prime SE, which appears to be roughly $500 below MSRP. The only add-ons are rubber mats all around, and the VIN etched onto the cat coverter (to prevent theft).

#434 reservoirblue, May 16, 2024
    Last edited: May 16, 2024
    bisco and Gokhan like this.
  15. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    You will pay a higher interest on the loan though because it is considered a used car.

16. reservoirblue

reservoirblue New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    Fortunately I don't need a loan :). I'm old, semi-retired with some funds in the bank.

Gokhan and bisco like this.
  17. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sounds like a great deal to me

reservoirblue likes this.
  18. Bozi

Bozi New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    It's been a couple of months since I picked up my 2024 Prius Prime SE in Charlotte, NC.

The only option it had was the $425 special color so total MSRP was $34,495. I did the deal as a lease to get the $4,500 credit and after the leasing fees I ended up saving around $3,200 off the MSRP.

The process to pay off the lease and finance it ended up being simpler than I expected as I was able to login to the Southeast Toyota Finance website and generate a lease payoff letter that I took to my credit union. They were able to approve me for a loan with that paper and process paperwork that day. About a week later they called me to pick up the title and take it to the DMV so that I could pay the 3% NC tax there and file everything and that was it other than informing my insurance of the new lender.

flim and Gokhan like this.
  19. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    That's a very good-looking toy.