1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2023 Prius Prime - official prices paid thread

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by Marine Ray, Nov 27, 2022.

1. arachnavolt

arachnavolt New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Just got a quote from a dealer on a Limited. MSRP + $6500 for a protection package plus tint. What a time to be alive.

$38,083 is the MSRP price.

$34,465.00 Base
    $1,635.00 Limited Premium Package
    $495.00 Wind Chill Pearl
    $299.00 Carpet Mat Package
    $69.00 Bumper Appliqué
    $25.00 First-Aid Kit

For $6,500 more I get:

Door Edge Guards
    Door Cup Guards
    Front Bumper Film Protection
    Paint Protection
    Window Tint

It’s amazing because I know at least the first four I can add directly on Toyota when building for like $1,114.00. And I can pretty much get the best window tint on the market for $500.00 to $600.00.

For $2,000.00 I MIGHT consider it, but $6,500.00 is just laughable.

Got the same old speech, “Well, if you don’t pay it, someone else will, so either pay up or move on.”

Really wish Toyota would come down harder on their dealers about doing this kind of crap. Wonder how many customers the dealers end up pushing away to the competition.

2. Kalianyia

Kalianyia Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There are some dealers who will do MSRP. One possible way to find them is to go to toyota.com and search nearby inventory. Keep expanding the range filter from where you live until you find some listed for MSRP. Then call the dealer to confirm.

Good chances are they have a queue and to get in queue you need to put a deposit down. It's usually refundable. But call them and find out.

I have a dealer nearby who does MSRP. They have a queue. Their salesmen are quite annoying though because they are very pushy about wanting me to buy a (very overpriced) used car on their lot instead. They spent quite a while trying to discourage me from putting a deposit down on the new car. And they call / email me every few days to tell me about the latest used car that hit the lot.

But will be worth in the end to get the car at MSRP.

fsu23phd and bisco like this.
  3. David Mk.2

David Mk.2 Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE

Personally I'm willing to pay maybe $1000 to skip ahead in line if the alternative is waiting another several months to get one at MSRP. The correct strategy with these dealers in my opinion is to simply put in your bid and tell them to call you when they are able to offer you that price. It doesn't have to be so antagonistic, dealers do tend to nag but at the same time they appreciate when customers are clear about what their goals and don't waste their time. If there really are other buyers who will pay $6000 over, it's really not reasonable to expect them to come down for you until they run out of those buyers.

OptimalPrime, mountaineer and MTN like this.
  4. Vneck

Vneck New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    base on my daily driving of ~100 miles/day, if the prime is $3000 over the regular hev. I am not going to get the prime. plus, I live in the north. Now, I am just waiting for the pricing at the end next month. I hope dealers are still have prius on the lots at that time. finger crossed.

5. fsu23phd

fsu23phd Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just be patient. There are lots of other vehicles on the market that appeal to Prius drivers, including several EVs. The Corolla Cross hybrid is expected in June, and the rav4 is going to be redesignd in 2024 for a 2025 model year. Rumors are it will be hybrid only. If half of this is true, there will be enough options in about a year to prevent people from paying a premium on the Prius.

ColoradoCrow likes this.
  6. Silver knight

Silver knight New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Hello all, I too have been offered the Prius Limited about $1500 to $3000 over MSRP.
    But today I have bought two 2023 Prius Limited at MSRP. I never bought a car at MSRP so it's kind of a hard pill to swallow.
    The dealer in Raleigh didn't mark up as like the one in Durham does.

Each car for Cash was $38,805.79. but will need to wait until they come in stock.

Petern and bisco like this.
  7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    wow, that's twice my 2008 cost. but a much better vehicle and inflation i suppose

8. Silver knight

Silver knight New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Inflation oh yes from 2008. Just for fun, and for details I bought a 1985 Corvette off the show room floor for $26,500.00 cash, how much are they now?

bisco likes this.
  9. arachnavolt

arachnavolt New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Got another offer from a different dealer. This one came in at $50,000 before TTL, and includes even less extras. At least the other one that quoted me $44,500 before TTL had the Limited Premium Package. This one ONLY has the carpet mat package. Dealer said that this is what people are paying so they don’t have room to negotiate.

It’s wild because we just got a Prius Prime 2022 Limited for just shy of $24,000 before TTL about one and a half years ago. That was because of rebates and credits of course, which are no longer applicable, but it still makes it really hard to buy another Prius when dealers are asking twice the price, and it’s not even a PRIME!!

bisco likes this.
  10. TE37SL

TE37SL New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    there's a facebook group called "New Toyota Deals", the admin and others post inventory daily if you're willing to travel to get it.
    As of right now, Prius are going for MSRP plus $500 broker fee. I think if you can wait maybe 1-2 months, they can drop to maybe $1k under MSRP.

model464 and Kalianyia like this.
  11. MoiraL1959DK

MoiraL1959DK New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    That's what I paid for my new XLE with a bunch of extras including fixed glass roof, 12.3 in. screen, all the liners and mud guards and all the other little stuff (I probably would not have gone for all these things but someone did not pick up their pre-ordered car so they sold it to me.)

12. Mountaindewsprite

Mountaindewsprite New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    seems like in california theres a mark up everywhere except longo

13. McCarthy

McCarthy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

They tried the same stunt on me, after luring me into the dealership under the premises that they will sell at MSRP. I became very loud at that point, said that I won't be the one that just goes back home, doing a 2 hour roundtrip for nothing, and that I will be the one in 10 thousand that will raise all hell, well past the executive office.

"Let me talk to my manager" was the next sentence. Manger shows up and sold it to me at MSRP. Got all that protection package plus tint junk for free.

14. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Putting a $500 deposit down tomorrow morning for a red AWD Limited a little over 100 miles away(which is about two hours of summer driving around here). Getting it for MSRP of $39,963(plus local taxes and fees). I decided the price for a Prime was a little too much considering my climate and the greater advantage of AWD up here.

$35,865 Limited AWD
    $1,635 limited premium package w/ heated rear seats & digital rearview mirror
    $1,095 delivery fee
    $425 supersonic red
    $299 all-weather floor liner package
    $275 body side moldings
    $150 mudguards
    $150 door edge guards
    $69 rear bumper applique
    $125 documentation fee
    $2,626 sales tax
    $42,714 out the door price

The port options aren't what I would have gotten myself, but at least it's not several thousand in extras like some examples out there. I'll need to get a carpet mat kit, the dash cam, and the emergency and first aid kits from a dealer with discounts once they become available. I might be taking off the body side moldings and the mudguards. Maybe I'll find someone to trade floor mats or I'll just keep the all-weather ones for really sloppy conditions or cargo.

I'm going to be putting a little of the Prime savings back into JDM accessories(especially a set of 17" alloy wheels). But I'm going to be very sad to see my 2010 go in trade. I've had a full 13 years in that car.

dbat23 and Troubadour like this.
  15. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I hate to actually post on the thread's subject matter, but I just signed a contract for a 2023 Prime XSE Premium. This is the 5th Prius I have purchased from Newark ToyotaWorld in Delaware from the same sales guy, Mark Barto. Today marks the 31st anniversary that Mark has been at the dealership.

The dealership has always sold at MSRP except for a "Dealer Processing Fee" which is up to $699 this year. And they have started adding a couple of "protection" packages required on all cars, something called Pulse ($399) and Ceramic EVP ($695) which seals the paint and glass for 5 years warranty. I might have gone for that last one if it was optional if it keeps the small pits off the windshield that show up when driving into the sun.

Before the added stuff, the MSRP (which has a Toyota added $1095 delivery, processing, & handling fee) was $43,897.
    The breakdown is:
    $39,170 Prime XSE Premium
    425 Supersonic Red
    810 Solar Roof with digital mirror
    375 Integrated dashcam
    80 Wheel locks
    60 Cargo tote
    299 Carpet mat package
    25 First aid kit
    250 Door sill protector (stupid, but I like them)
    525 Front bumper protection film
    439 Hood, fender, mirror backs, & door cups protection film (have this on my 2017 Prime, worked great)
    344 Protection Package (door edge guards, side moldings, rear bumper applique)
    1,095 Toyota delivery, processing, & handling (like old FOB Detroit scam)

On top of this is the $399 Pulse, $695 Ceramic EVP, $255 title and 5 yr tag fees, $1912 State tax, $699 Dealer processing fee.

The total out the door is $47,857.

Ouch! But I don't care and can't wait to get it.

OptimalPrime, Roqu3 and bisco like this.
  16. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    did they give you a timeframe?

that's an amazing salesperson. in 20 years of buying 7 toyotas, we've never seen the same salesperson

17. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    No timeframe yet. Mark will call/email me when he has one.

When I bought the 2017 Prime, I signed the contract in mid- December. Then I left for Christmas with my family back in Michigan. When I returned home on the 28th a message from Mark was waiting telling me he had worked out a swap with a NY dealer and the car was in final prep. I picked it up on December 30th, actually getting it in 2016 by a hair. It has been totally reliable except for needing a BSM realignment in the first couple of weeks.

bisco likes this.
  18. Vneck

Vneck New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    looks like a log of unnecessary stuff

19. Nate P

Nate P New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Limited MSRP $39,589 including nearly 2k Southeast Toyota mandated extras which could be worse but definitely didn’t enjoy the $73 for USB cables. Driving by the lot a couple of weeks ago and saw it out front. Tagged with 4,995 market adjustment. Asked the sales guy if they’d sell it at MSRP and without a fight they did!

Attached Files:

bisco likes this.
  20. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    beautiful, congrats!