1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured 2023 Toyota bZ3 Sedan Leaked

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tideland Prius, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    8C1DE3CA-0810-4DD2-8F2D-D280DC84FD87.jpeg

https://alexonautos.com/toyota-bz3-sedan-uncovered-in-china/

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    will it come as standard equipment? or will buyers have to pay extra for the tire & wheel ejection system. ;)

Diemaster, Zythryn and Tideland Prius like this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    studs or bolts?

looks a little tesla-ish, but there's no demand for bev's, so i doubt they will produce it

iplug, Diemaster, 3PriusMike and 3 others like this.
  4. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Is this the one that Toyota is getting slammed for not producing in that other thread?

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i suppose they might make one for china, customers are beating down the doors there.

the grille is almost reasonable

6. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    The slamming is over them saying there isn't anyone to buy it.

This is getting released in China first. An article on the bZ4X Lexus sibling said they designed these EVs for the Chinese market. China is the biggest market for EVs, but they also had EV mandates for the longest time. Toyota's upper management likely still views the plug ins they make as compliance cars.

7. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I've got 79,225 miles on my 2019 Tesla Model 3 Std Rng. Sounds like this won't be a replacement candidate.

Bob Wilson

8. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It seems that every day someone announces another new EV. And every few weeks they build a car and sell it. The Ioniq 5 just got $7,500 more expensive. Tesla raises prices every few weeks. And the Bolt won't qualify for the tax break till next year. And so it goes. I think I'll quit wasting time studying up on purchase options until purchase is possible.

And this one will probably not be for sale here anyway. Scores or even hundreds of people on EV waiting lists at every dealer that offers teases EVs and we're still not considered by some to be an EV market. o_O

Sorry. Had to vent a little.

#8 jerrymildred, Aug 27, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    Merkey, Salamander_King, hill and 2 others like this.
  9. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You still believing the lies Toyota is telling you? There's unprecedented demand for electric cars, so much so that Toyota can't even compete in the Chinese car market unless they sell electric cars. And no amount of Toyota disinformation about people not wanting electric cars is going to contain this problem in China. It's going to spread to every country in the world and Toyota's business model is going to fail if they don't wake up to this truth:

"A new study from Experian shows that registrations for electric vehicles shot up 60% in the first three months of 2022. Interest in buying an electric vehicle soared 70% since January, according to a report by Recurrent, a car industry analysis company." EVs Are in High Demand. But There Is a Big Problem (The Battery) - TheStreet

pakitt likes this.
  10. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Tideland Prius and Prius Maximus like this.
  11. jerrymildred

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Go try to buy a BEV and you'll find out just how long the waiting list is. Every dealer that teases a BEV has a huge waiting list. They could be selling them like hot cakes if they'd make them.

Tideland Prius and bisco like this.
  12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I wouldn’t even attempt to buy a car in this insane market. When things settle down (a few years?) I will start a bev search. Until then, keep on pipping!

Merkey and jerrymildred like this.
  13. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    But Toyota says there's no demand?

"Despite all of this, Hollis, whose company currently sells no BEVs in the United States, thinks he knows better than governments, the public, and companies that actually produce EVs. Hollis claimed: "It took 25 years to get to less than 10% (market share) for hybrid … The consumer isn’t demanding (EVs) at that level." This is not the first time Toyota has shown ignorance and opposition to the EV market. Executives at various levels in the company have made similar public statements in the past, up to and including Akio Toyoda, the CEO. The company routinely greenwashes and spreads scientifically illiterate anti-EV propaganda, while lobbying against human life and indoctrinating kids against EVs." https://electrek.co/2022/08/25/toyota-says-no-ev-demand-try-selling-one-wheels-dont-fall-off/

14. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    let's face it, if parts are in short supply, toyota, (and many others) are going to produce the cash cows.

can't say i blame them, it's business, not charity

15. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The problem is, I think, that they can produce ICE much more quickly than PHEVs or BEVs in this market so why try and sell something that’s harder to produce when you can get them into a product sooner? ICE waiting lists are significantly shorter and sadly, I do know ppl who bought ICEs because it’s a shorter wait than a hybrid. That said, I also know ppl waiting on PHEVs and BEVs (with refundable deposits). Note the market is different in Canada. No ADMs and we are used to factory orders for some manufacturers so our waiting lists are long (well that and we get fewer cars than you guys).

Sarge and jerrymildred like this.
  16. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just because something is easier to produce doesn't doesn't mean people will continue to buy it, especially if something better comes along... And truth is, in all markets in past 2 years Toyota has sold far fewer cars. What's more they can't sell any of their cars in the Chinese market so they had to build all electric ones just to be able to sell in that market. Toyota motor vehicle sales by region | Statista

And your comment the other day about how slow Toyota is at welcoming changes to their product lineup helps explain the issue... Makes me wonder how low their sales numbers have to drop before they realize China isn't the only market that's going to ban sales of their fossil fool powered vehicles.

17. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    pretty sure he was talking toung-in-cheek.

18. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited

I just read a post from a guy who was offered a '22 Rav4 XSE hybrid which lists for $42k. But used with 10k miles on it. And $52k Canadian price. The wait times are measured in years up there, not months and this for a simple hybrid. Not a plug-in. Not a EV.

19. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I guess they don't know their audience. :p

bisco likes this.
  20. jerrymildred

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure, too.