1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2023 Toyota Highlander to lose V-6

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by drash, Jul 5, 2022.

Tags:
  1. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hasn't been announced yet on the Toyota USA or Toyota Canada site yet, but according to the Toyota European site, it looks like the 2023 Toyota Highlander will lose the 3.5L V-6 in place of the 2.4L Turbo. Well we knew that day would eventually come.

Fresh looks and smart technology for the 2023 Toyota Highlander

They pointed out that the Eastern Europe market will replace the V-6 with the 2.4L Turbo. Wonder if they'll make a Highlander XSE for the NA market that has the 2.4L mated with the Hybrid powertrain like on the Lexus RX 500h. Should be on sale in the 4Q 2022 so maybe Toyota USA will have an announcement soon.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I thought it was announced at the Toyota HQ event?

Here’s the Canadian press release.

2023 Toyota Highlander Revs Up Driving with New Turbocharged Engine May 11, 2022

drash likes this.
  3. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks "@Tideland Prius". Somehow I missed that.

Nope the XSE is going to be just the XSE, nothing new. The Bronze Edition, while not new, has the capability to charge the bZ4X (or any Prime or NX 450h+), albeit at 5 miles per hour, with it's dual 120V 1500W outlets (I believe they still share the 1500W like the 2022). If they are on the same circuit probably one needs to be bonded so the EVSE will work.

And the US version:
    2023 Toyota Highlander Revs Up Driving with New Turbocharged Engine - Toyota USA Newsroom

Tideland Prius likes this.