1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2023 Update on Key Replacement Cost

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by BobcPDX, Feb 10, 2023.

1. wr69

wr69 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    thx for the links. that sheds a bit more light on everyones' impressions. I haven't done business with the company, or researched them much until today.

2. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The best part of all of this and these comments... people really believe and continue to post things in an effort to paint me in a negative light and have no valid evidence that backs up their claims. I LOVE IT! It's the internet, anything can be typed on it.

You all provide free advertising all of the time!

Hybrid Ron... you realize the links you posted show that out of all vehicle owners who modify their vehicle, Prius owners are the only ones to think they shouldn't have to wait to receive never before made aftermarket parts for their vehicle! They will then run around the internet telling others you are a scam...well, I know I'm not a scam and many others do as well. These days we truly wonder who hurt all of you people because this energy cant only be because I call myself The Black Jimmy Neutron! When someone told me about the backlash from the movie The Little Mermaid, it made a lot of sense but I still don't believe that's why you all are acting this way...
    The global backlash against The Little Mermaid proves why we needed a Black Ariel | Tayo Bero | The Guardian

those of you who make attempts to tarnish my name no matter how nicely you use your words and try to stay neutral by saying "I'm not saying anything one way or the other " and spreading this false narrative will one day realize how wrong and sheep mentality you have been. It's a shame really but hey, when your light shines bright. some won't enjoy the shadow you cast.

Keep up the good work folks and at least post a link to the direct site, please. Prius Lift Kit, Lift Kits -PriusOverlanding.com
    and mention things like the subframe spacers, low profile roof rack, a lift kit taller than 1.5", four corner lifting springs, soon 2.0L engine swap kit, and AWD conversion kit as things that were my brainchild. Yall leave out all the good stuff!

upload_2023-7-24_6-31-17.png

This is the part that I would think people would see... like... they really think I'm out here attempting to do wrong? huh? how does that even make any sense? I am trying to get my Prius to touch tires on all seven continents, wouldn't I need people happy? I blame the African Prince's who promised people they would send them money scams...

Side note, most of the voices screaming wolf... haven't placed orders and simply repeat what they read online. Truly astonishing how this is all playing out! heh. I'm a scam for taking longer than someone expected to receive a product no other company makes or offers. Yall wild!

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  4. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  5. Eddie25

Eddie25 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    If anyone is apprehensive about getting a used key unlocked I just got it done for $15 and it worked great. Programmed it in about a minute total with my Xtool D8.

ebay user was allkeyless_llc

I did try someone else first and it didn't work, possibly because the battery was dead, but I got a refund with no problem. The person who did it correctly actually checks the battery.

ASRDogman likes this.
  6. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Great! Good to know. I also have Xtool D8. I haven't had a chance to do anything with it other than
    check to see if it recognized my Prius.

7. akb427

akb427 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Last week I ordered two fobs from sffobsinc for my 2018 Gen 4 (trim level 3), one a reflashed OEM fob ($90) and one a 3rd party ($60). Took both to my local dealer, Watertown Toyota near Boston.

The reflashed OEM fob worked fine, the dealership programming tools couldn't see the 3rd party, it seemed DOA. The charge to program both fobs and cut both backup shanks would have been $120, since they could only do one, it was $85. They did cut both shanks but didn't charge me for one, while both shanks could unlock the door, only one of the two could re-lock it. Note that their parts prices if they had supplied the mechanical blank are impressive, at $95 for like 30 cents worth of metal and plastic, but I blame Toyota for that, not the dealership.

The dealership was great; free manicures while we waited, beverages, free car wash, and their prices are better than two local locksmiths I contacted.

Sffobsinc was also great; instant refund on the DOA fob with no hassle about the cut mechanical key shank. I've ordered another reflashed OEM from them.

8. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Seriously?

9. ColoradoBoo

ColoradoBoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I asked my Toyota service advisor what they charge to reprogram a key fob and he said it's a free courtesy service if you bought the car from them...so keep that in mind.
    FWIW, Toyota and Lexus do NOT have the equipment to program the other...so you can't go to Lexus to program a Toyota and vice versa....that's so weird!

10. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    huh? I have a lexus keyfob working and programed to my 2013 Plugin... its the same software Techstream they both use!

11. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    could have been service writer brush-off.

12. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    it had to be as that's just foolish talk. that's almost as bad as someone saying a 1.5" lift kit is enough for a Prius and anything taller would cause suspension issues.

13. akb427

akb427 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    upload_2024-3-16_1-14-33.png

Mendel Leisk likes this.