1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2024 Prius and Prius Prime owners manuals now available

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by Gokhan, Oct 6, 2023.

1. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    David W. Griffin likes this.
  2. Argyros

Argyros Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Looks like the same 600 page manual I already have- did a search to see if the 2024 year was mentioned in the manual- it is not- although my 2023 manual has a different name to it OM47E41U.pdf-

Gokhan likes this.
  3. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    There are also multimedia manuals for most items that appear on the multimedia screen. I recommend going to the top link in the message above, selecting the model and year of interest, and then checking out all manuals.

I took a brief look at the 2024 manual for the Prius and it reproduces at least one major fault of the PDF manuals for 2023: many references to pages, including those in the table of contents do not have clickable links to referenced pages. There appears to be no rhyme or reason as to which page references have links and which don't. In addition, the organization is still confusing. For example, the Panoramic Mirror is discussed in the Owners Manual, although the display itself and controls appear on the multimedia screen. However, the closely related Advanced Parking function is discussed in the Multimedia manual.

A topic for a later discussion is the horrible presentation and hard-to-read illustrations (color anybody?) for many of the functions.

Gokhan likes this.
  4. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Ink costs money. To the accountants still thinking with paper.

Holy hell does Subaru go out with their manuals. The physical stack of documents supplied with the Outback is like twice as thick as others. The quick reference guide is a booklet that may not look like it is quick to use, but the spacing and formatting makes it easy to read. It is also in color, and printed on heavy, glossy stock.

5. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited

Sharol likes this.
  6. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    With a manual this thick, I only deal with it on a computer or tablet. Color pixels on modern computers don't cost the creator anything. Similarly, actually providing links for page references is a one-time job for a few hours of labor by low-level employees or contractors.

Trollbait likes this.
  7. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Of course, but I think Toyota still supplies a hard copy with every car. While they could simply 'greyscale' a color digital for that, it just hasn't occurred to those that make the decisions.

8. Chris Pieters

Chris Pieters New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Premium
    Hi Guys!
    If anyone is looking for repair and service manual for Prius 2024 then I know a website and they are providing good manuals. I already purchased it for my 2024. You can check this on toyotamanualspro(dot)coom
    Highly recommended!

9. Chris Pieters

Chris Pieters New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Premium
    I think soft copy of manuals work very good I recently purchased and its perfect. you can bookmark in pdf and aligned table of content etc. Life easeee......

10. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Luddite

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Can you post a screenshot? Say something like the oil change instruction?

11. JimLudden

JimLudden Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Having written many user manuals, I find these abominable, along with the user interface of the software -- in the car, on my smartphone app, and the laptop app.

Toyota may be good at writing code to make the car run, but the interfaces with the user are deficient, including the user manuals.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  12. Lantaral

Lantaral Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Appears to be a 1 week old site, but then again, these types of sites have to move around frequently. There's a long history of sellers compiling Toyota's online tech mess into far more usable PDFs.
    ToyotaManuals Pro --Is It Legit? | Toyota RAV4 Forums

Wouldn't give them a credit card, but they do accept PayPal so may be worth a shot.

13. Hipparchus

Hipparchus New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    V
    I am interested in the Gen 5 Prius Prime and I am naturally concerned about the warranty on the traction battery because I know it is expensive to replace. Google found an article that said Toyota increased the mileage and years of warranty coverage on the traction battery to 10 years or 150k miles. But it did not say what was guaranteed. That it would still be a battery? That it would not turn into a kumquat? Of course, as a prospective owner, I want to know that it will still have a large percentage of its original capacity during that warranty period (and beyond, actually). I can't find anything from Toyota that says what percentage it guarantees. Miles of EV range would be a good substitute because that is really what is important. I saw this forum title and I looked at the owners manual and there is no warranty information in it. I kept Googling and I found something that indicated that Toyota warranties are in a booklet called a "Warranty and Maintenance Guide". So, I Googled "2024 Toyota Prius Prime Warranty and Maintenance Guide" and the top result is a Toyota website that is called Manuals and Warranties. I selected the year and model and it demanded a VIN. It would not do anything without a VIN. Apparently, you have to buy the car before Toyota will let you see the warranty. Or, is there another way? I did try some of the other Google results but they were just a waste of time. I searched for cars for sale ads to look for a VIN but there are none in stock at least within 75 miles. Toyota surely does make it difficult to be a customer. Or, at least, an informed customer.

14. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
  15. Hipparchus

Hipparchus New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    V
    Thank you Hammersmith! I am impressed. I must have spent 45 minutes Googling and I got nothing useful. I would like to know what search terms you used. But, I read the warranty and (cue the sad trombone) I found that Toyota does not guarantee any battery capacity. As long as the car can move on battery power, Toyota is not going to fix it on their dime. That's how I interpret "Reduction of lithium-ion battery capacity is NOT covered under warranty." But, the battery is warranted for 10 years/150k miles. I think that means it will be repaired if it completely stops working (cannot move in EV mode) but if the EV range drops to 4 miles or so during the warranty, you have to buy your own replacement battery (or keep driving it and hope the battery dies completely before the warranty ends). That is not reassuring. Does anybody interpret that differently?

#15 Hipparchus, May 15, 2024 at 8:25 PM
    Last edited: May 15, 2024 at 10:16 PM
  16. Hipparchus

Hipparchus New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    V
    The hybrid battery is warranted for 10 years/150k miles. A few battery-related parts are warranted for 8 years/100k miles.

#16 Hipparchus, May 15, 2024 at 9:58 PM
    Last edited: May 15, 2024 at 10:17 PM
  17. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I went to Toyota.com

Owners
    Manuals & Warranties
    Browse Vehicles
    <entered in Prius Prime and 2024, unchecked the "Use this info to help me create an account" box>
    Continue
    <scroll down to Warranty Information section>
    View PDF

As for battery capacity, eventually the battery will throw a code, and that will be long, long, long before something like only 4 miles of EV range. There will either be a cell voltage mismatch or one of a dozen of other reasons. But when the battery throws a code, it generally forces the car into full ICE mode. If this happens within the 10y/150k period, you get a new battery. But Toyota battery failures don't happen often as long as you don't do anything stupid. Stupid things include regularly letting the car sit unused for months(do not buy a hybrid for your winter/summer home), and the big one is letting the air filter for the hybrid battery get clogged up(not applicable to the gen5 Prime). Nothing kills hybrid batteries faster than overheating them.