1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2024 Prius, questions so far

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by David W. Griffin, Nov 20, 2023.

1. David W. Griffin

David W. Griffin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have figured out that there are two "leaf" symbols in the menus, one which lets you distinguish between trip and overall and tank MPG and the other which allows you to put the MPG display on the central display. And I've figured out how to use the standard cruise control. I haven't tried using the more exotic systems like maintaining lanes. Eventually maybe. Getting that MPG was really puzzling, just look for the leaf in the left SIDE menu of the central display menus and don't be fooled by the leaf in the menus themselves. Hard to explain, really needs a video.

Still haven't gotten homelink to work but that's because I can't really climb up to the top of my garage at my age. I'll get my usual handyman to help me at some point and I'll try again.

And yes, I made some assumptions about there being a tire underneath that styrofoam and there isn't. The styrofoam kind of mystifies me. Where they too cheap for a plastic insert?

Anyway, due to the surgery I'm not driving very much at the moment but it's been a pretty great car so far. I like the blind spot monitoring and the integration with my iPhone and the nav (through the iPhone), and generally how it works. Still wish they had put touch unlock for the rear hatch and the passenger door. I want a second fob too (I hope that is coming soon). I'm glad I waited till 2024 (though that wasn't really intentional, more like how hard it was to buy one).