1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'21 Prius Prime deals

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by MPGboss, Mar 13, 2021.

1. MPGboss

MPGboss Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I was just looking at 2021 Prius Prime XLE deal offers. I'm shocked to see how they're actually substantially cheaper ($3k spread...) than a similar trimmed Prius XLEs, anyone know why?

2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you mean MSRP or price after Toyota rebate and discount? PP is heavily incentivized in CARB states. That's why in CA and North East, PP is priced less than regular Prius, but not in other regions.

MPGboss likes this.
  3. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    They need to sell lots of them in CARB states to offset the fuel economy of the gas guzzling behemoths that are so much more popular.

MPGboss likes this.
  4. MPGboss

MPGboss Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    It's after rebates and discount, and now I understand regarding CARB states. I guess the only downside of a PP XLE is it lacks some standard features and packages of the normal Prius XLE. Raised trunk floor, no parking sensors, no ability to add a packages (i.e. sunroof, HUD, etc.).

5. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, if you want Parking Assist, BSM, HUD, etc., you have to go with Ltd trim. The best value is PP LE model. They give the same amount of rebate regardless of the trim. LE is almost 35% off compared to Ltd with 28% off.

MPGboss likes this.
  6. MPGboss

MPGboss Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    True, I also now see what Toyo did, they made the PP Ltd comparable to the Prius XLE with respect to features (sans tablet / nav). But if you really want a sunroof and don't want to feel 300 pounds of added weight, you end up having to go Prius XLE. The reduced trunk situation I can somewhat live with though...

Salamander_King likes this.