1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

22.8 MPG

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by olends, Mar 28, 2005.

1. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ron Dupuy\";p=\"77937)</div>
    Ron:

No of course not. I was referring to those pickup drivers who usually have a graphic of the defunct cartoon character Calvin peeing on another brand pickup.

So classy I'm at a loss for words ...

If you spend any time trolling some of the more fanatical truck forums, especially those related to Chevy, you find all the cockroaches hidden in the walls. Those are seriously deranged folks, kind of scary.

They honestly believe it's their Patriotic Duty to drive something empty in traffic that gets 10-14 MPG. I suppose if gasoline hits $3.85 a gallon they'll start keying every Prius car they see, as if it's *our* fault.

2. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I was at training at the region last Tues/Wed. On the 01 Prius they have, the mileage was 17.7! That is the lowest I have ever seen. The 04 they have I didn't notice what it got. The vehicles down there get a lot of starting and idling in the shop and short trips by techs to get used to the habits( the new Prius techs) and also watching the data on the diagnostic tester in the shop and driving by the more experienced techs.

And speaking of mileage, some of you know I drive a 91 MR2,turbo, to work. My driving is on backroads ( fun! ) so that was the first time checking MPG on the freeway. Usual MPG is about 26. The trips to Cincinnatti ( region location ) was 35.6 Tuesday and 32 Wednesday. I really tried for MPG both days and Tuesday I kept it out of boost and was easy on the throttle. I guess Wed I got it into boost a couple of times and speed was a little higher,never over 70 tho. To bad I can't get that more often, :lol: