1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured $2500 Texas plug-in rebate over

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by fotomoto, Mar 29, 2019.

1. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    FYI:

"The TCEQ has received a sufficient number of applications to award the allocated 2,000 electric and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles under the Light-Duty Motor Vehicle Purchase or Lease Incentive Program, and suspends acceptance of applications for electric and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles effective Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 5:00 p.m."

Was set to sunset on May 31st but the entire fund has been allocated. This was the second time it has been offered so maybe there will be another program authorized during the current legislative session. (fingers crossed)

2. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not sure if it will be renewed. The biggest spike recently in plug-ins in texas has been tesla's which do not qualify because they are not sold at a dealership.

EV Registration By State: Tesla Model 3 Brings New Records
    In 2018 they estimate 11,764 plug-ins were delivered in texas much higher than the cap or goal. They reached their cap of 2000 non teslas early but federal incentives are probably good enough in 2019 on all but the bolt in the last quarter of the year when federal tax credit will drop to $1875.

Light-Duty Motor Vehicle Purchase or Lease Incentive Program - TCEQ - www.tceq.texas.gov

The LPG/CNG goal of 1000 only got to 55. My guess is low gas prices make changing a hard choice. I remember 5 years ago many of my pick up truck friends were hoping to buy a cng pick up as their next vehicle, but with gas prices where they are I don't think many are still thinking that. A phev pick up or SUV that may be in the cards especially if they can cut fueling prices while not hurting drivability.

3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Maybe now that Toyota's headquarters are in Texas, rather than CA, they will start another massive Mirai campaign out that way .... 2X the rebate $$ of EV's ... taxpayer funded infrastructure and all.

Wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.