1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

25k mile update since my Gen 4 short block

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by cnc97, Oct 17, 2020.

1. cnc97

cnc97 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Closing in on 25k mile since my swap, and it was oil change time. Removed inspection cover under the car and found a small amount of oil. It looks like the o rings at the oil filter adapter are leaking. None of the local parts houses stock the adapter o rings, but they were obtainable overnight from the “mega hub” store in the chain I work at. So tomorrow I will add pictures of the cleaned up area.

The oil seemed to be all contained to the filter cap and housing. Wetness, no drips had escaped the under car cover panel. The area of wetness on the panel was less then half the size of a dinner plate. I’m certain enough of the location that I’m going to drop the adapter and change those o rings just to be sure. Besides, I think those were the ones of the donor engine, since I had mine apart several times to fix little things I kept missing, and lost the replacements. It’s a shame I don’t have the spin-on filter adapter to reinstall since the original one has to come off to change the o rings.

2. cnc97

cnc97 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Took a 40 minute one way highway trip last night. I figured if I had any leakage that it would indicate the source. The pics didn’t show enough leakage to indicate the source. I guess I’ll find out in a few hundred miles. I left the under body cover off for ease of access.

Attached Files: